• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers - Baltimore Ravens Joint Practice 1

Zod

10 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

By 2019 Cam had an injury history, remember ... Darnold is like 23 without one.  Put him in some game situations to get him reps... The offense needs it.  Our backup QB battle isn't so intense that they can't spare a quarter and a half or two...

I don't think there is a backup QB battle.  You can think PJ sucks. You can think they both suck.  But PJ is pretty clearly better than Will Grier IMO. 

Rhule wanting to get Grier reps is nothing more than wanting to give someone he is going to cut some audition reps to help him stay employed on someone's roster.  Which probably ain't happening. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Cam and Greg are not on this roster. This is a completely different team. Y’all are really bad at this.

just like your reading comprehension.

My point in bringing up Cam and Greg was for the sole purpose of saying "preseason didn't make 15 Cam and Greg still woulda fuged up poo." 15 was talent and luck personified for us. 

My entire argument is Preseason doesn't make a difference. We're still gonna be a sloppy team. We're still gonna make mistakes. We're still gonna look young.

Only difference is I can look at the bigger picture and not have a neculare take if we lose week 1 while this message board will be shoulders deep in Fields' ass and calling fort he head of Rhule's entire family. 

I don't care if we look like poo week 1. It's week 1 of 17. 

I don't think the risk of injury (which is real. which is why you see less and less starters playing these meaningless games across the league) is worth it at all when we're getting training in practice. And Rhule seems to think the same.

wowza,

Edited by Rags
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, CRA said:

I don't think there is a backup QB battle.  You can think PJ sucks. You can think they both suck.  But PJ is pretty clearly better than Will Grier IMO. 

Rhule wanting to get Grier reps is nothing more than wanting to give someone he is going to cut some audition reps to help him stay employed on someone's roster.  Which probably ain't happening. 

RE the backup QB battle that was actually my point... I don't even think there is a battle anymore and we are just keeping Grier around since we need a QB for practices, heh.

I also don't think PJ actually sucks, he's just not shown me enough to have confidence he's a great backup.  He's exciting to watch at least.

6 minutes ago, Rags said:

just like your reading comprehension.

My point in bringing up Cam and Greg was for the sole purpose of saying "preseason didn't change that. Cam and Greg still woulda fuged up poo." 15 was talent and luck personified for us. 

My entire argument is Preseason doesn't make a difference. We're still gonna be a sloppy team. We're still gonna make mistakes. We're still gonna look young.

Only difference is I can look at the bigger picture and not have a neculare take if we lose week 1 while this message board will be shoulders deep in Fields' ass and calling fort he head of Rhule's entire family. 

I don't care if we look like poo week 1. It's week 1 of 17. 

I don't think the risk of injury is worth it at all when we're getting training in practice. And Rhule seems to think the same.

wowza,

Cam and Greg aren’t representative of this team. Cam and Greg had four years before 2015 to build that trust and relationship on the field. Darnold is new, with new weapons, new system, and has not been good for his previous 3 years. Bringing cam and Greg up makes absolutely no sense in this context and takes away what people who want this iteration of the team to get game reps together to start building those relationships. The preseason should matter for this specific team. I’m actually fine with keeping Burns and Chinn off the field on defense until the final preseason game. Jaycee needs work. Offense needs a ton of work though.

Edited by TheRumGone
  • Pie 1

10 minutes ago, joemac said:

Thats how it always historically goes.  When there were 4 PS games, USUALLY the 1's would play a couple series maybe a quarter in game 1, then usually a half in game 2, then a half and somewhat into the 3rd in game 3, then sit completely game 4.  

History's been changing a lot. "Veterans only" sitting across the league are turning into starters, most times regardless of age. And with the nfl still pushing for 18 we're probably gonna get cut down to 2 games. And with that a lot of teams are willing to take their lumps in early regular season -- we've seen teams recover from 0-1. 0-2 and even 0-3 starts more and more. 

This is just the way things are trending. It's why you're seeing more and more joint practices. Preasons seems to be more for last call back roster eval than ironing the kinks out. 

Edited by Rags
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 3

7 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Cam and Greg aren’t representative of this team. 

There's no proof causation of what happened in 15 because I promise you could check the play time for our starters in other seasons and watch us come out the cate looking out of sync and sloppy.

But either way, my point isn't "We have a Cam and Greg on our team." when I'm bringing them up.

Lemme know when you get past that and you catch up with the debate.

Edited by Rags