• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Summary of Darnold's day

Zod

12 minutes ago, frankw said:

So the receivers had a bad day. What's the quarterbacks job? Lead your group and get your offense in sync. But you can't build any continuity from the bench. This is the best overall receiving corps we have seen in years as far as pure potential. This isn't Legedu Nannee or Philly Brown or Brenton Bersin or Kaelin Clay. You can't praise them and talk them up when it's convenient and then throw them under several buses when it's time to protect your guys confidence because his completion percentage doesn't paint a rosy picture. Sam is inevitably going to have some bumps along the way but you have to let him get through that if he is to restore his career here. The clock is ticking.

Yeah... None of that made any sense 😕

• Beer 1

17 minutes ago, frankw said:

So the receivers had a bad day. What's the quarterbacks job? Lead your group and get your offense in sync. But you can't build any continuity from the bench. This is the best overall receiving corps we have seen in years as far as pure potential. This isn't Legedu Nannee or Philly Brown or Brenton Bersin or Kaelin Clay. You can't praise them and talk them up when it's convenient and then throw them under several buses when it's time to protect your guys confidence because his completion percentage doesn't paint a rosy picture. Sam is inevitably going to have some bumps along the way but you have to let him get through that if he is to restore his career here. The clock is ticking.

Reading into this way too much. When players make plays they get praised. When they aren't making plays, they'll be held accountable.  Today in practice the WR's weren't making plays, so that's that. This illusion of them coddling Sam makes no sense. If he doesn't perform this year, he won't be our starting QB in 2022. It's not that deep. 

Edited by Double Trouble
  • Pie 2

19 minutes ago, frankw said:

Are you saying a true leader takes the blame???

Did Cam ever blame his WRs?

I donno, that's why I ask.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah... None of that made any sense 😕

Just now, Double Trouble said:

Reading into this way too much. When players make plays they get praised. When they aren't making plays, they'll be held accountable.  Today in practice the WR's weren't making plays, so that's that. This illusion of them coddling Sam makes no sense. If he doesn't perform this year, he's won't be our starting QB in 2022. It's not that deep. 

The receivers are the least of our worries. DJ is a stud and will soon be extended. We know what Anderson can do and Marshall has lots of potential. Then you have Shi Smith too. Any young quarterback would be thrilled with that. If Steve Smith Sr is even publicly saying Sam needs to be out there getting game reps I'll take his word for it.

• Pie 1

Just now, frankw said:

The receivers are the least of our worries. DJ is a stud and will soon be extended. We know what Anderson can do and Marshall has lots of potential. Then you have Shi Smith too. Any young quarterback would be thrilled with that. If Steve Smith Sr is even publicly saying Sam needs to be out there getting game reps I'll take his word for it.

And this...somehow proves that they didn't have a bad day today? 🤔

• Pie 1

Just now, CPsinceDay1 said:

Are you saying a true leader takes the blame???

Did Cam ever blame his WRs?

I donno, that's why I ask.

I don't recall Newton ever blaming his receivers. Even when he got hurt in that game where Kelvin Benjamin gave up on the play. That's just how he was. We'll see how Sam does things when the games are actually played. But he has to get on the field first.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

And this...somehow proves that they didn't have a bad day today? 🤔

They did who is arguing otherwise? So for you where do we go from here? When Sam was tossing a pick six in camp I was told it's just camp but now folks want to argue for pages about drops. Be consistent 🤷‍♂️

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

They did who is arguing otherwise? So for you where do we go from here? When Sam was tossing a pick six in camp I was told it's just camp but now folks want to argue for pages about drops. Be consistent 🤷‍♂️

You were suggesting that Rhule was protecting Darnold by pointing a finger at the receivers and throwing them under the bus.

That's been proven wrong, and frankly it was a stupid take to begin with.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

You were suggesting that Rhule was protecting Darnold by pointing a finger at the receivers and throwing them under the bus.

It was a stupid take, and it's been proven wrong.

Rhule has publicly criticized the receivers twice before this. I have seen no criticism or talk of Sam Darold needing to improve if anything I have read he is the least of our problems as if he has already earned a pass. We'll see how this plays out in another month. When the real games are played someone has to take the blame if things don't go according to plan which looking at the Panthers history is bound to happen at some point. This is a tough division. We'll talk about it in September.

16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We had him last year. The Pats could've just sent us a 6th for Teddy instead of spending #15 on Jones.

There was word the Pats wanted Bridgewater before he signed with us. And his skill set certainly would have fit their system.

Of course with that said, his skill set fit our system too 😕