• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterer on potential contract extension’s

ncfan

DJ is the first...

I'm thinking the second player is Burns or possibly Robby.  As I stated elsewhere, iI think if we extend Robby, it would be ideal nc then his contract should expire by the time TMJ's ready for his extension.

But, it would be super smart to get Brian locked up asap.  I've always felt if the player/agent are willing, it's best to sign them to an extension in the penultimate year of their rookie contract, rather than wait for the last year.

• Pie 5
  • The D 1

Just now, Proudiddy said:

I'm thinking the second player is Burns or possibly Robby.  As I stated elsewhere, iI think if we extend Robby, it would be ideal nc then his contract should expire by the time TMJ's ready for his extension.

It would be amazing to lock in Burns for an extra 3 or so years before he explodes this season.

• Pie 4

10 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

It’s Donte Jackson 

Thats what I was thinking.  He was solid last year, he just couldn’t stay healthy with his toe problem.  Fitty’s Seattle history leads credence to the idea he prioritizes DBs.  Donte and DJ (hopefully with DJ being the one close to being done) are the two he’s talking about IMO.  We still have Burns for 2 years after this on a rookie deal.  

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Wow. I was right.  Kind of...   I'm thinking he means after DJ, though, right?

14 minutes ago, Tommy Jone said:

It would be amazing to lock in Burns for an extra 3 or so years before he explodes this season.

Yeah, I edited it after I posted that to include that part.  I agree.  Especially with Burns on the edge of superstardom and being a edge rusher..

He's gonna be pricey.  I'd like to try to strike early and possibly get a bit of a hometown discount if we could.  From how heavily his brother is invested in him being here, I know we'll have him long-term, I think it's just a matter of when and how much.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, PandaMan said:

Thats what I was thinking.  He was solid last year, he just couldn’t stay healthy with his toe problem.  Fitty’s Seattle history leads credence to the idea he prioritizes DBs.  Donte and DJ (hopefully with DJ being the one close to being done) are the two he’s talking about IMO.  We still have Burns for 2 years after this on a rookie deal.  

While I agree with his background lending itself to having a propensity for CBs, Donte doesn't fit the profile of the guys they drafted and retained.

• Pie 1