• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Other Saturday Games Thread

Zod

Soooooo not gonna lie….if we would have been in position to select Justin Herbert in 2020 I would have been interested in how This roster bodes…

only reason I say that is they showed an ESPN thing in “mnf qbs first 5 weeks” and he was up there. We didn’t have the chance to take him so it is what it is.

8 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Soooooo not gonna lie….if we would have been in position to select Justin Herbert in 2020 I would have been interested in how This roster bodes…

only reason I say that is they showed an ESPN thing in “mnf qbs first 5 weeks” and he was up there. We didn’t have the chance to take him so it is what it is.

Nah we had Teddy. Didn’t need him…

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Nah we had Teddy. Didn’t need him…

It would haven taken too much. We're barely a talented team this year, I can't imagine us without guys Brown, and Chinn.

I wouldn't mind trading up this year or next to snag one if Darnold doesn't pan out.

9 hours ago, Madwolf said:

It would haven taken too much. We're barely a talented team this year, I can't imagine us without guys Brown, and Chinn.

I wouldn't mind trading up this year or next to snag one if Darnold doesn't pan out.

Rhule and Fitterer have shown they will quickly move on from a QB if he's not the guy.

Thankfully they haven't done that at the expense of the rest of the roster as, as you've correctly pointed out, we're not in the position to be trading away Draft resources. We need quality depth.

On 8/24/2021 at 8:46 AM, OldhamA said:

Rhule and Fitterer have shown they will quickly move on from a QB if he's not the guy.

Thankfully they haven't done that at the expense of the rest of the roster as, as you've correctly pointed out, we're not in the position to be trading away Draft resources. We need quality depth.

We're paying Teddy to start for the Broncos a little over a year after they evaluated him as a perfect fit for our system under Brady. We then brought in a statistically worse QB who is a perfect fit for our system this year, and also suddenly realized that we don't have a quality backup for the new injury prone QB.

That's an overly harsh evaluation, but if Sam doesn't get it done, I don't see how Rhule and Brady recover.