• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

we may be close to signing Robby

Captain Morgan

The Panthers locked up one of Sam Darnold’s offensive-line protectors over the summer and are on the verge of keeping one of his favorite targets around a while, as well.

The team is deep in talks on a multiyear extension for wide receiver Robby Anderson and could finalize the deal in the next several days, a league source told The Athletic.

https://theathletic.com/2781964/2021/08/21/the-panthers-are-about-to-lock-up-robby-anderson-and-sam-darnold-should-be-happy/

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, B_Eazi said:

I really hope we resign DJ first.. After next year Robbie may be expendable 

article says this does not preclude us signing DJ.  I'm guess it fits in with Terrace's rookie deal, which is doable and fuggin smart.  3 WR at starter level for 4 more years.  Hope it's true.

Cant Wait GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Flames 1
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

article says this does not preclude us signing DJ.  I'm guess it fits in with Terrace's rookie deal, which is doable and fuggin smart.  3 WR at starter level for 4 more years.  Hope it's true.

Cant Wait GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I agree..having all 3 is a plus.. but from the glimpse I seen we'll have about 24 mil entering next season.. I can imagine it's going to cost us around 16 or more for DJ alone..extending burns should be next up and I can see that being in the same range.. I can't see spending 10 -12 mill a yr on Robbie when we still don't have a left tackle, franchise qb, and the 1 of the highest paid rbs in the league.. I could go on with 2nd cb if we don't resign Donte

• Flames 1

People forget how good we will be in cap after this year. If you extend him now and structure it right, we will have plenty of cap space for our young stars coming up in the future. I am extremely confident that we have sons one who is great managing the cap now along with a competent GM. We have been scared by Hurndog for too long and I believe it’s going to be refreshing to see what they do with our core in the future