• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers and WR Robby Anderson have agreed to a 2-year, $29.5 million extension, per source.

SgtJoo

44 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

That one just annoyed me a lot because it was invented completely out of thin air and spread like wildfire here, despite not a single shred of any INKLING of a rumor being attached to it.

Lol yeah when it was actually wrote from a reporter, I didn’t make it up. Maybe if you kept of with news better  you would not be called out so much.

3 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Yeah we’ll see. That’s why I want brady and deonte to get starter snaps in the regular season. See how the rookies do. Put Moton on the left and brady and deonte on the right. If they lock up that right side and Moton is still good on the left we’d only have to focus on center and lg for next season. That would be huge for us.

agreed. tbh, I think the line is a huge question mark, but there's some reason that there are at least a couple answers on the roster for tackles, which feels ... unusual.

we'll see though.  I am really not sold on Rhule at all, but I'm trying to stay optimistic.  I do think he got the team to outplay their talent last year, and if he does that again this year we will at least be entertaining to watch (but QB......).

6 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Yeah we’ll see. That’s why I want brady and deonte to get starter snaps in the regular season. See how the rookies do. Put Moton on the left and brady and deonte on the right. If they lock up that right side and Moton is still good on the left we’d only have to focus on center and lg for next season. That would be huge for us.

I don't want to break the bank going after OL free agents anyway. That's a quick way to get into cap hell, especially with so many on the roster coming up for second deals in the next 2-3 seasons. 

I am fine going hard at an elite LT, because they are so hard to obtain but we need to try and build from the draft and maybe plug a few better stop gap options in the interior of the line over the next 2-3 seasons. 

Like you, I want to see the young guys get a chance. If we can get just one solid starter from that lot, it would be something to start from. We all know Paradis, Erving, Elflein and Miller are not likely to be here in 3 seasons. 

11 minutes ago, CarolinaLivin said:

Any of the Cap Space Militia wanna drop some accurate numbers on how the Cap will look in the next 2 or 3 years with this deal included.

I already pretty much posted it.  Now that I look back at it, im not 100% sure that Robbys new deal has been factored in yet, but even if it has not, this year we have 20-24 million left.  Next year around 30, before the roll over from this year.  Year after that is between 145-155 million. We're in great shape with the cap any way you slice it. Another amazing draft or 2 from Fitt-Dawg and we will be in the drivers seat in the NFC. 

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

In case you guys haven’t picked up on it yet, but the Darnold experiment will have 2 seasons to work.  

Not necessarily. There’s a certain QB that will be available next season that Tepper will do everything in his power to land if Sam ain’t it.

3 minutes ago, joemac said:

I already pretty much posted it.  Now that I look back at it, im not 100% sure that Robbys new deal has been factored in yet, but even if it has not, this year we have 20-24 million left.  Next year around 30, before the roll over from this year.  Year after that is between 145-155 million. We're in great shape with the cap any way you slice it. Another amazing draft or 2 from Fitt-Dawg and we will be in the drivers seat in the NFC. 

Maybe I missed it but do we have the singing bonus amount yet and how the guaranteed money breaks down?

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't want to break the bank going after OL free agents anyway. That's a quick way to get into cap hell, especially with so many on the roster coming up for second deals in the next 2-3 seasons. 

I am fine going hard at an elite LT, because they are so hard to obtain but we need to try and build from the draft and maybe plug a few better stop gap options in the interior of the line over the next 2-3 seasons. 

Like you, I want to see the young guys get a chance. If we can get just one solid starter from that lot, it would be something to start from. We all know Paradis, Erving, Elflein and Miller are not likely to be here in 3 seasons. 

Center and Tackle are the only two positions on the oline I’d splurge in FA. But this staff doesn’t seem keen on spending on oline so we’ll see if they can get some good pieces via draft. Paradis needs to be replaced soon.

10 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

agreed. tbh, I think the line is a huge question mark, but there's some reason that there are at least a couple answers on the roster for tackles, which feels ... unusual.

we'll see though.  I am really not sold on Rhule at all, but I'm trying to stay optimistic.  I do think he got the team to outplay their talent last year, and if he does that again this year we will at least be entertaining to watch (but QB......).

I like rhule and think he’s a good coach. What he did last year was pretty incredible with us still being competitive. But like every coach in the nfl you are not going to last long if you don’t have a franchise qb. Just the way it is. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Maybe I missed it but do we have the singing bonus amount yet and how the guaranteed money breaks down?

No I have not seen that mentioned yet. Can be TOO much as the entire guaranteed money is only 20 mil. 

Edited by joemac

1 minute ago, onmyown said:

I’m not sure what to think of this tbh. Because if we sign DJ for what he’s worth…that’s a poo ton of money to the WR position. 

Course we’ll have twenty million in one LB so why not lol

DJ likely will not be signed until hes into his 5th option year, and that will leave us with only 1 year left on Robby's deal, and will also be the year where we have a ton of cap space.  So, it will not be that impactful, IMO. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, joemac said:

No I have not seen that mentioned yet. Can be TOO much as the entire guaranteed money is only 20 mil. 

It would be nice for it to be weighted towards guaranteed money in 2022 and a lesser signing bonus. That would make the 2023 season very easy to jettison without a big dead cap hit. It's just nice to have that flexibility. 

• Pie 1