• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Funchess not playing again this year

Captain Morgan

24 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Actually he went up too early and then the ball went beyond his alligator arms by three feet. He said he lost it in the lights. But Newton gave him a great pass and Funchess was in single coverage.  It should have been caught to erase the questional intentional grounding call.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/1/7/16860412/3-mistakes-2-minutes-panthers-saints-cam-newton-devin-funchess-intentional-grounding

Yep. Before the pass even got there, Funchess let the safety manhandle him and boxed him out, which lead to the half ass attempt at a jump. Like bro, you're fuggin 6'4 225 in single coverage against a safety, GO AND GET THAT SH*T. Hell, if he even tried to fight back for the ball instead of that weak attempt at a jump, he MAYBE would have gotten a PI call.

And yeah, that intentional grounding call was bullsh*t. It was clear he was out of the box, even the other refs tried to argue it. But just another game where the Panthers get screwed over by the refs. God just talking about this game again got my adrenaline pumping. Don't even get me started on Clay dropping that PERFECT TD pass from Cam.

Edited by Castavar
  • Beer 2

30 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Actually he went up too early and then the ball went beyond his alligator arms by three feet. He said he lost it in the lights. But Newton gave him a great pass and Funchess was in single coverage.  It should have been caught to erase the questional intentional grounding call.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/1/7/16860412/3-mistakes-2-minutes-panthers-saints-cam-newton-devin-funchess-intentional-grounding

Man, I still believe we would’ve made a SB run if we win that game. Cam was electric that game, and that was after the subpar last game vs ATL.

Oh well, gotta move on.

That Saints game was the worst. He was dogshit. Half of the people on this board could have done a better job and I mean that.  Played like a 5’8” amputee. Even when he made catches, he stabbed and clapped at it two times before securing it. I really can’t fathom someone with such terrible hand eye coordination making it that far. 

10 hours ago, Basbear said:

If theres one pick in panthers history that I hated the most- its this turd. he was lazy, soft, and didnt lay out for that beautiful Cam pass in the saints playoff game. 

Was 1st team all-pro at having cramps, joke of a player.

6'4, plays like he's 5'9.

say what you will but at least when KB tried he put up results. 

• Beer 1

8 hours ago, Castavar said:

Yep. Before the pass even got there, Funchess let the safety manhandle him and boxed him out, which lead to the half ass attempt at a jump. Like bro, you're fuggin 6'4 225 in single coverage against a safety, GO AND GET THAT SH*T. Hell, if he even tried to fight back for the ball instead of that weak attempt at a jump, he MAYBE would have gotten a PI call.

And yeah, that intentional grounding call was bullsh*t. It was clear he was out of the box, even the other refs tried to argue it. But just another game where the Panthers get screwed over by the refs. God just talking about this game again got my adrenaline pumping. Don't even get me started on Clay dropping that PERFECT TD pass from Cam.

Dont forget we BEAT the Vikings a month earlier, lost to the MVP wentz eagles by 5 and BEAT the pats that season as well. Its damn hard to beat a team three times and that third game was by far the closest, a break here or there and the panthers would have had a chance.

There was one player I absolutely detested in the 2015 draft was Funchess. 6'4, moving from TE to WR where he couldn't outrun college guys, and was lanky as fug so couldn't even move back to TE. And we drafted him. And we traded up for it. 

I never took as much copium for any player as I did for fuging Devin Funchess.  Every season he'd win my "fug this guy in particular" award (last year it belonged to Whitehead) but every offseason I'd delude myself into thinking "Nah he'll get it together this season!" only for the cycle to fuging repeat.

Imagine, just imagine if we stayed pat in the 2015 draft and take, say, Tyler Lockett because Gettleman's headass didn't think Cam couldn't hit anything shorter than 6'3. Imagine SB50 with Lockett instead of Funch because remember even Corey "Philly" Brown was cookin Talib's bitch ass that game.

I fuging hate this franchise. 

• Beer 1