• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule's QBs troughout his coaching career

JABANOG

I just find it funny and ironic that the same posters who say "You need a QB to compete" (and rightfully so) are also very critical of Rhule for his record against winning teams...as if they can't see the connection there.  All Rhule does is overachieve wherever he goes.  I'd love to finally see a good QB leading one of his teams.

• Pie 5

3 minutes ago, cardiackat88. said:

This doofus only has 56 posts as of this reply.

1 minute ago, Moo Daeng said:

Unfortunately the owner does not care about quality.

Tinfoil hat would say this is a connected troll.

I don't post much but I've been here since 2003. It was a probably a few years back where people were making shitty posts and then Zod made it  requirement that you would need 100 post to start a new thread. The thought behind that I think was to find and ban the trolls during their first 100 posts to prevent stuff life this from happening.

5 minutes ago, Darknight said:

I don't post much but I've been here since 2003. It was a probably a few years back where people were making shitty posts and then Zod made it  requirement that you would need 100 post to start a new thread. The thought behind that I think was to find and ban the trolls during their first 100 posts to prevent stuff life this from happening.

A lot of things are said. Very few are done. Whenever some new emphasis is announced it lasts about 12 hours tops.

Edited by Moo Daeng

We did try to trade for an established QB in Stanford, but he went to LA. There were few other established QBs sitting around out there for the taking. It is the same stupid take as for LTs. “Why didn’t we just pick up a great LT for cheap” 🙄

It is the same moronic take over and over again. Just because we didn’t pick Fields doesn’t mean we don’t care about QBs. WE DIDN’T WANT FIELDS, deal with it. Three other teams with QB need picked other QBs as they didn’t think he was good enough. He has proven nothing. He might turn out to be great, but a lot of teams didn’t think so. But that doesn’t mean Rhule and Fitts don’t care about QBs.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

A lot of things are said. Very few are done. Whenever some new emphasis is announced it lasts about 12 hours tops.

I would love to contribute more but I don't have time for the trolls so I rather just stay in the shadows and post sparingly and keep my sanity lol

• Beer 1

I think there is actually a lot of Fox/Ron in Matt Rhule.   

all 3 would be great coaches to pull a team out of the gutter and put together something stable.   Are any of them more than that? That would be the question and I don't think there is an answer yet.  

• Pie 2

53 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

The problem is we did not want Fields, he was the 4th QB taken. We traded for Darnold because we knew the top guys were gone and we did not want to trade three 1st round picks to go up and get one of them. 

Fields is neither Lamar or Murray. We still need to see him in real NFL games, right now he is still behind Andy Dalton on the depth chart. 

Im not saying Darnold is the answer, but they did not think Fields was either. More than likely our QB search is still ongoing.

Its such a delicate position.

Just think of all the 1st round washouts recently; Goff and Wentz (who I thought would have been 3rd rounders in other year) Rosen, Mariota, Paxton Lynch, Trubisky.

If we go back 10 years of 1st round QBs, you may be horrified. Ponder, Manziel, Gabbert, EJ Manuel, Brandon Weeden, Jake Locker, Bortles are all first rounders.

The point is, it is not easy to find the franchise QB who will over longevity. Then when you do, they are like having a wife. All of your money goes to them while you are forced to neglect positions of need in order to keep them happy.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, cardiackat88. said:

Its such a delicate position.

Just think of all the 1st round washouts recently; Goff and Wentz (who I thought would have been 3rd rounders in other year) Rosen, Mariota, Paxton Lynch, Trubisky.

If we go back 10 years of 1st round QBs, you may be horrified. Ponder, Manziel, Gabbert, EJ Manuel, Brandon Weeden, Jake Locker, Bortles are all first rounders.

The point is, it is not easy to find the franchise QB who will over longevity. Then when you do, they are like having a wife. All of your money goes to them while you are forced to neglect positions of need in order to keep them happy.

I'm glad we passed over Fields and Mac Jones. History tell us that QBs from Ohio State and Alabama don't do well. 

If Sam Darnold doesn't work out, I'm confidant that the coaching staff won't twiddle their thumbs and stick with Darnold. I'll believe they will go out and find them a QB.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, SetfreexX said:

We PASSED on Fields for a corner, albeit a corner that's likely to be damn good, but we passed on Fields and talked ourselves into a QB saying things like ''well if Darnold came out this year he'd be behind Trevor Lawrence''. 

BUT, he didn't come out this year, he came out 3 years ago....sigh*

I don't HATE the Darnold move, I'd rather they both be on the roster with not 18.8M guaranteed to Darnold in 2022. I hope it all works out. 

Don't be surprised if Jones has a significantly better career than Newton .5

Just now, OldhamA said:

Don't be surprised if Jones has a significantly better career than Newton .5

That's pretty a pretty bold statement only because of Newton's MVP and Super Bowl Appearance. He'll have to win a lot of shootouts in the AFC, but It's not like it isn't possible. I think he'll have a solid career, but not sure if I see the kid winning any MVP's. Time will tell. Definitely gonna be exciting if most of the QB's in this class pan out. Probably won't be excitement in here though. 

1 hour ago, SetfreexX said:

All I'm saying is we had a chance to draft a very talented QB, and settled on the one we traded for because we traded for him. I we could move TB we could have moved Darnold and his at the time 4M in salary with little hit to the cap.  

Does THIS look like the work of a GM who rests on his laurels just because he's made a trade?!

At the end of the day, Rhule, Brady and Fitterer believe in Darnold. They evidently think he's more (or at least equally) talented as Fields / Jones et al. If they're wrong, they're wrong, but it's not because they felt trapped because they traded away a 2nd round pick for a guy!

Panthers transactions.png

• Pie 3

41 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think there is actually a lot of Fox/Ron in Matt Rhule.   

all 3 would be great coaches to pull a team out of the gutter and put together something stable.   Are any of them more than that? That would be the question and I don't think there is an answer yet.  

I genuinely don't see Fox or Rivera rebuilding two college programmes - one that was burnt down to the foundations.

They're not that guy. They can take a poor team and make it mediocre (with the odd good season sprinkled in there). They're not programme builders - Rhule is. In both cases in college he was poached by a bigger organisation before he could truly reap the benefits of what he was sowing. 

• Beer 1