• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Second Team to reach 100% Vax status....

kungfoodude

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32133726/tampa-bay-buccaneers-coach-bruce-arians-says-entire-organization-vaccinated-covid-19

....is the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. This is after our other divisional rival(Atlanta) was the first NFL team to reach 100%.

Think we will hit 100% during the season? Or will we hit 100% before the Saints, at least?

Interesting that NFC South teams are the first to start achieving this goal.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3
  • The D 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

18 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Has to be higher end players for then to still be around, I would think. Cannot imagine any PS guys are in that group. 

I think John Miller had a mask on while on the sideline for the Colts game, so he might be one.  With our OL depth we might not’ve had a choice but to keep him around.  No idea about the other guy, though.  

• Beer 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• I thought his contract was fat to make it happen and no one really thought he would playout at least that 4th year, just a bonus year to make the numbers work while including the guaranteed money that made it happen. It could be his last contract and to me it reads as he has 2 years and then they will see what happens then at a higher then normal cost. That QB room and the owner/gm meeting room away from cameras too. Just depends on the personality types. Cousins is a old pro with a fat contract and a no trade clause. IT could blow up or be just fine this year. By next year that's when it ramps up. Cousins could get a trade done and find another spot to finish this contract. It's 35 mil dead cap to cut/trade him after year 2 and 12.5 mil dead cap after year 3. If Cousins wanted to play somewhere else then he could give that a try but either way after year 2 the team has options. If the rookie grows and is worth it at year three then even that dead cap would just be a normal QB pay outside the rookie wage scale. Looks like they may get 1 year of rookie pay advantage and then the option year if things go well for them so 3 years lost and 2 left.  They should have given a heads up to the owner, Cousins tho. They had plenty of time to say what the plan was. Cousins isn't young but it's still a trashy move when he just got there 2 months ago. That was also a rather big move considering the player and their needs. Just dumb way of doing it all IMO but I always get 'it was for a QB and you have to take shots when you see them'.  
    • That is correct and valid, and I def thought of it--but filling needs and building is one brick at a time.  The Panthers cannot afford to miss on 75% of their day 2 and 3 picks as is the norm. 
    • Thanks Frank.  I enjoyed the video and agree we have been saying alot of the same thing-- The biggest question mark on the OL is not center--it is left tackle.  This has to be Ickey's year. Sanders getting cut does not make sense.  If he can look good behind a good OL, and if Brooks is going to be phased in (injury), you keep him because it makes no financial sense to cut him this year. The only reason I could see keeping Ian Thomas on the roster is goal line offense.   I personally think his blocking is overrated. This guy said JT Sanders was also a good blocker--I have not seen that.  However,  I think Tremble and Sanders has the potential to be a good TE combo. He was hard on the CB selection in the draft.  5th round for a depth CB is fine.   I am not sure what he was expecting.  I think they are going to sign another former Gamecock who used to play CB soon. Finally, he is realistic about Young's year, but he is in "wait and see" mode.  That is how you approach it.  Cut him before building around the QB position or build around the QB position and give him another year?  It is a no brainer. We are probably going to sign a free agent QB to keep on the PS when cuts are made.