• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Jets at Panthers predictions.

Zod

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

The turnovers were HUGE vs rookie Herbert.   He had 2 which became auto FGs.  6 points was the difference in the game.  

But outside of the turnovers, we did a poor job making a rookie look like a rookie.   He completed over 70% of his passes, 300+ yards, and got his team into the endzone more times than the Panthers.    

Let's hope the Panthers D can step that up a little this year. 

Oh definitely, You're right about the Herbert statline, I sort of forgot a little bit of that game lols. I don't see why our defense can force a pair of turnovers against Wilson though. It's also worth mentioning that our CBs should be more capable of playing up and pressing instead of the soft zone Snow drew up a lot last season, I'd think it'd open up more blitzes for us and more oppourtunities to get after Wilson.

It'll be an ugly week 1 kind of a game, if Williams makes our IOL's day a living hell and their line holds out against our passrush then it'll be close. Especially if they are able to run the ball. I don't see the Jets getting those breaks though.

Edited by beo

27 minutes ago, beo said:

Oh definitely, You're right about the Herbert statline, I sort of forgot a little bit of that game lols. I don't see why our defense can force a pair of turnovers against Wilson though. It's also worth mentioning that our CBs should be more capable of playing up and pressing instead of the soft zone Snow drew up a lot last season, I'd think it'd open up more blitzes for us and more oppourtunities to get after Wilson.

It'll be an ugly week 1 kind of a game, if Williams makes our IOL's day a living hell and their line holds out against our passrush then it'll be close. Especially if they are able to run the ball. I don't see the Jets getting those breaks though.

man coverage is always an interesting play.  People hate soft zone.  But coaches run so much of it to limit the big plays and forces QBs to play a certain way.   

I'm not sure this team is anywhere close to being ready to run tons of man coverage.   More?  Sure.  We ran more cover 3 than anyone.   But a lot?  Out the gate? Well, that can be playing with fire with a gunslinger.  Especially when your team as a whole hasn't run a lot of it and your number one man DB is a rookie that sat out most preseason reps. 

11 minutes ago, CRA said:

man coverage is always an interesting play.  People hate soft zone.  But coaches run so much of it to limit the big plays and forces QBs to play a certain way.   

I'm not sure this team is anywhere close to be ready to run tons of man coverage.   More?  Sure.  We ran more cover 3 than anyone.   But a lot?  Out the gate? Well, that can be playing with fire with a gunslinger.  Especially when your team as a whole hasn't run a lot of it and your number one man DB is a rookie that sat out most preseason reps. 

Agreed. But, I think it will be a considerable amount more than last season. Not tons, but a fair amount. When you're dealing with a rookie QB in his first start those few extra blitzes can have large ramifications forcing errant throws that turn into picks, fumbles etc. All depends on what Snow draws up of course. I'm interested to see how his defense looks this season. 

Corey Davis could be a problem for our secondary, guess we'll see how it all shakes out. If Horn plays well in his first start against him on the plays they matchup, it'll be an encouraging sign for him.

Edited by beo

3 minutes ago, beo said:

Agreed. But, I think it will be a considerable amount more than last season. Not tons, but a fair amount. When you're dealing with a rookie QB in his first start those few extra blitzes can have large ramifications forcing errant throws that turn into picks, fumbles etc. All depends on what Snow draws up of course. I'm interested to see how his defense looks this season. 

Corey Davis could be a problem for our secondary, guess we'll see how it all shakes out. If Horn plays well in his first start against him on the plays they matchup, it'll be an encouraging sign for him.

I think Horn will defiantly get his shot to show what he has got.   I mean, given his play style....you got to think a NFL staff is going to look his way to see what is what. 

Panthers suffer turnovers.............allowing the Jets stumble to a 10 point win..........21-10 the final.....

Used too much up the middle McCaffery goes out of the game in the 3rd quater with some form of a back/knee/ankle strain.

.......and everyone questions Darnold's play......the Offensive line

and the coaching staff.

A shocking start to a long season... 

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, PghPanther said:

Panthers suffer turnovers.............allowing the Jets stumble to a 10 point win..........21-10 the final.....

Used too much up the middle McCaffery goes out of the game in the 3rd quater with some form of a back/knee/ankle strain.

.......and everyone questions Darnold's play......the Offensive line

and the coaching staff.

A shocking start to a long season... 

Last time I checked 21 minus 10 is 11....so weeeee man.

2 hours ago, Zack Martin said:

I think most people forget we have Jets trash at QB ... the Jets DL is likely going to wreck shop on our OL, our only hope is our DL wrecks their OL which is possible .. but we have Darnold, and Darnold is trash ..

Carolina 14

Jets 39

We also have Jets trash at WR and LB. But none of them can compare to the Jets trash I quoted.