• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

An early look at 2022 QB class...

methodtoll

31 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

The kid from coastal and the kid from bc are getting good pub as well

Fair point, plus there will be a new starter who has a great year like a Burrow, Mac, or Pickett. It looks to be loaded. I won’t be upset if we go OL, but we would need to acquire some draft capital so we can move up and get one of these guys. 

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Fair point, plus there will be a new starter who has a great year like a Burrow, Mac, or Pickett. It looks to be loaded. I won’t be upset if we go OL, but we would need to acquire some draft capital so we can move up and get one of these guys. 

Its imperative we go oline and not reach for a dog poo qb

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Its imperative we go oline and not reach for a dog poo qb

My main point was these QBs aren’t as bad as people are acting. There is plenty of first round talent QBs, just not a top overall pick like normal. They all have some questions or flaws as do 99% of drafted players. I wouldn’t shy away from a player we like because compared to last year’s class it’s weaker. Lawrence isn’t an every year guy and you could argue Wilson and Lance were reaches. However I am high on that Arkansas QB and he will probably be at least a year away. I won’t ever complain about us drafting OL though. God knows we need it too.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, ForJimmy said:

My main point was these QBs aren’t as bad as people are acting. There is plenty of first round talent QBs, just not a top overall pick like normal. They all have some questions or flaws as do 99% of drafted players. I wouldn’t shy away from a player we like because compared to last year’s class it’s weaker. Lawrence isn’t an every year guy and you could argue Wilson and Lance were reaches. However I am high on that Arkansas QB and he will probably be at least a year away. I won’t ever complain about us drafting OL though. God knows we need it too.

Forgot about the arkansas qb.  Yeah man next year is stacked.  Build your oline this year, run it back with Cam or an andy dalton type and then make your move for qb.  Sure it would suck but at least there is a plan

• Beer 1

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Forgot about the arkansas qb.  Yeah man next year is stacked.  Build your oline this year, run it back with Cam or an andy dalton type and then make your move for qb.  Sure it would suck but at least there is a plan

If Cam can bounce back, a smaller 2 year deal could work. A full season next year and he can help develop our rookie the next. It’s not the worst idea, but Cam really needs to show he can still play/stay healthy (our OL is going to make this tough). 

I have now heard the name Bailey Zappe 3x as a 4rth round pick potentially to the panthers.  Dane B is pretty high on him.  I did a semi deep dive on BZ and not sure what to think.  The book on him is that he is a dog like Mac Jones.  Uber leader and uber smart, can process the defense at record levels, mobile enough but the big knock on him is his average (at absolute best) arm strength.

I have never seen him play only youtube highlights but has anyone here seen him or have any input?

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I have now heard the name Bailey Zappe 3x as a 4rth round pick potentially to the panthers.  Dane B is pretty high on him.  I did a semi deep dive on BZ and not sure what to think.  The book on him is that he is a dog like Mac Jones.  Uber leader and uber smart, can process the defense at record levels, mobile enough but the big knock on him is his average (at absolute best) arm strength.

I have never seen him play only youtube highlights but has anyone here seen him or have any input?

bowl game is Saturday after this one, on ESPN vs App St is you want to watch.  

16 hours ago, amcoolio said:

Charlie Campbell who has called the last 4 Panther picks and has a bunch of inside sources says that teams are telling him that Pickett is a top 2 pick, #1 if the Lions or Texans get it

It happens every year, so I wouldn’t be surprised.