• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Victory Pie For Sam Darnold

X-Clown on 1

9 hours ago, OldhamA said:

Think that's enough to silence some of the "it'd be unprecedented for him to turn into a good NFL QB after those first three years in NY" doubters?

No.  No it won't be. Next it'll be how bad the fact he only has 3 passing TDs is, and how the OL being such garbage DLs can knock the ball away while he's trying to escape pressure is evidence of how bad his decision making is.  

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

Nothing.  He was humble, deferred all credit, praised the Texans, and gave Qb answers.

What was the best was seeing him react to having fans cheer for him and chant his name.  You can tell it meant something to him.

He looks so relaxed and happy.  Haven’t seen that in a long time, it’s genuine and spontaneous.  Carolina suits his personality better, more than NY.

If you watch the videos after the game, one of the olineman and Riddick (sp?) had a lot of praise for Sam, calling him a “gamer”.  If your teammates respect you as the QB,  praise your toughness, says more about the QB than any praise by a media member or fans can say. Shut out the noise, play for each other as brothers, the wins will continue.

Edited by 1usctrojan

9 hours ago, aces said:

It's hilarious that the top 3 most popular topics in the Jets forum is about Darnold and how it was a mistake to trade him. 

You have folks here still claiming him a bust.  They want to see him come back from a 30 point deficit before they will say he might be alright. 

Personally I hope this team never has to play from behind.  What kind of fan would ever want their team to trail in a game?  That's some messed up way to look at life. I pity those that can only find joy in the misfortunes of others.

• Pie 1

42 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

What kind of fan would ever want their team to trail in a game? 

Wait.  You’re telling me we could trail in a game??

Hasn’t happened yet this season, crazy man.  After three games I’m sure it would’ve happened, if it were even possible.

pfffft… trailing in a game?  HA!

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, L-TownCat said:

Nothing.  He was humble, deferred all credit, praised the Texans, and gave Qb answers.

What was the best was seeing him react to having fans cheer for him and chant his name.  You can tell it meant something to him.

Well normally when Fans chanted his name, it was followed by "You Suck" over in NY so I'm sure this will take some getting used to.

2 hours ago, Panthera onca said:

What is great for us is that he doesn't have to go through the rookie learning curve. He has three years of experience under his belt. Granted, the experience was brutal, but he has seen a lot in his three years under center.

I think that experience is why he is able to become houdini with his escape tactics due to an unreliable-at-times O-line.  

He's seen it all before....for 3 years.