• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Sunday NFL games thread

Zod

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah that's...not really true.

The Panthers got loads of attention early for reaching the NFC Championship in only their second year. Seifert had em in the public eye in 1999 as well.

Marty got us some attention from 2002 to 2005 but then outside of 2008 we pretty much faded from view again till the Newton pick.

The notion that Marty brought us any kind of consistent prominence just isn't accurate.

Yep, and Marty was there for all of it outside the expansion boost.  I know you hate the guy and that's fair, but if you rank him amongst panthers GMs he's currently 1st in team success. 

Just now, Panthers Rhule said:

Is it just me, or is watching the Rams play much easier since the uniforms' change. Them and the Chargers had the best upgrades of anyone in recent years. The Chargers were ok before but the rams were awful. Now they look good. Having a real QB helps too. 

Chargers still have sh-tty ownership.

It's hard to know just how far they'll go.

1 minute ago, User Name said:

Yep, and Marty was there for all of it outside the expansion boost.  I know you hate the guy and that's fair, but if you rank him amongst panthers GMs he's currently 1st in team success. 

Yeah again, not true.

Marty only managed three winning seasons in fifteen years as GM. Gettleman got that many in five, and had us in the playoffs with significantly more consistency.

I don't hate Marty, but let's be real. He was sh-t as a GM

I have high hopes for Fitterer to be better than both 

• Pie 2