• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ahead of schedule

kungfoodude

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, I mean....you aren't wrong. I am definitely not annointing the team anything. I just like what we have to work with quite a bit.

We can be a good team. We aren't, but we should be. 

We have more potential than before, but we aren't capitalizing on it. We have shortcomings, but we aren't overcoming them. 

We've been here before. This is not where I want to be. This is not where we should be.

• Beer 2

Just now, rayzor said:

We have more potential than before, but we aren't capitalizing on it. We have shortcomings, but we aren't overcoming them. 

We've been here before. This is not where I want to be. This is not where we should be.

Lol, you ban a real fan and expected the gods to forgive lmao

Just now, rayzor said:

We can revisit this in Week 8-9. Some of this was correctable so we will see if they can. The OL and QB play may not be so we will see what can be done about that.

15 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

He built a super bowl winning caliber defense in 2 years form literally nothing but Thompson and Burns 

I have faith in him finding the right QB and offensive line this next offseason when we have a lot more cap room and Hurney’s bad contracts come off the books 

I don't think they'll get both if they move on from Darnold next offseason. Odds are, Darnold stays another season, they improve the Oline and add even more to the defense. Then move on from Darnold the year after if they decide he isn't the guys and use picks to select a top prospect like the Chiefs did with Mahomes. 

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

It's easy to be upset by this loss and last week's loss but let's not lose sight of how incredible our roster turnaround is from the end of 2019. The jump in talent and depth we have made in the roster is something I couldn't even fathom in early 2020.

This may not be the playoff caliber team we wanted in 2021 but make no mistake....we are WAY ahead of schedule. Add to that the fact that our FO is not sitting on their laurels. "In on every deal" indeed. 

This loss fuging sucked, it was avoidable but there is a bright, bright, BRIGHT future for this roster. That future just isn't here quite yet.

I don’t want to hear any of that crap today

we gagged this one away big time….a choke job that could linger fit a while

we should not have lost this game

23 minutes ago, DaddyDarnold said:

Completely disagree. Once Horn went down secondary became a glaring need. There’s not way you run out there with Donte and Bouye (fresh off suspension) with no depth and feel great about that. Fitt addressed it. Now he’s trying to address other needs. 

That's fair.

If I'm being completely honest, I wish we'd sent that 6th to Jacksonville for Minshew. If Darnold continues the play he's shown the past two weeks it'd be nice to have a Minshew level backup to go to.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That's fair.

If I'm being completely honest, I wish we'd sent that 6th to Jacksonville for Minshew. If Darnold continues the play he's shown the past two weeks it'd be nice to have a Minshew level backup to go to.

1000% agree but I will say I don't know if our results would be drastically different with this OL.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That's fair.

Honestly Minshew has shown more as a passer than Sam has at any point. Minshew is just as INT happy but at least he can move the ball downfield, something I have no confidence Sam can do. Puzzling we didn’t give him a look considering he’d be far cheaper too 

• Beer 1

Just now, amcoolio said:

Honestly Minshew has shown more as a passer than Sam has at any point. Minshew is just as INT happy but at least he can move the ball downfield, something I have no confidence Sam can do. Puzzling we didn’t give him a look considering he’d be far cheaper too 

Sort of like the OL, I think they were fully in on Darnold and thought they had made the right move.

I am willing to bet they didn't even attempt to get Minshew.

47 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

This team is young as hell, all our best players are 24 or younger, patience is needed. 

Darnold needs to be careful before he's replaced with an alleged predator, tho

I don't understand people on here. Have they already forgot just how bad of a roster Matt Rhule inherited? The mess was NEVER going to be an overnight fix. They've steadily improved the roster both years though and that's all I can really ask. With all of the holes this team had when the new regime took over, it was obviously going to take several years even if everything went right. Hell, Tepper straight up told us this. The fact that we're even in playoff contention is a great indicator of how good this team has been built so quickly. There are many teams out there who would kill for the situation we have right now. 

Offensive line will get fixed in the offseason. There is no doubt about that to me. Once that happens and we have our skill position players and defense, we're going to be in a great spot. Darnold is the wild card, but even if he doesn't work out we'll be in a great situation to make a rookie QB succeed.