• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is not a playoff team

NAS

4 minutes ago, trueblade said:

The irony is that in the preseason 9-8 or 8-9 was seen as a reasonable to optimistic view.

This is true. My post is related to the fact that most of us had adjusted our expecations after we started 3:0. 

I still think it's a positive season as long as we address the offensive line in the offseason and if we have enough evidence to say that Darnold is the quarterback of the future.  

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, Fug Drump said:

I dont believe they are being negative, they are just giving honest assessments.  The eyes don't lie.  Some of you like dwelling in the land of fairytales instead of looking hard-core reality in the face.

What? It's like a rollercoaster in here every week. It we win on Sunday the "honest assessment" will swing  to the other side faster than a Roger Federer forehand. It's not lala land to think the season is over 5 weeks in with a mediocre schedule and a winning record.

27 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Oh great. Another we suck thread. Is there anyone here who hasn't made a "I'm mad" thread? For the love of Zod, get it out of your system now. Because evidently, 87 "I'm mad" threads aren't enough.

You haven't seen anything yet, wait until the Vikings clean the Panthers clock. This place will implode.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, BlackPanther21_ said:

Im expecting a loss, but sure hope i'm wrong. Certainly not in the same camp with these doom and gloomers.

I feel like Minnesota is the type of team we have been building our team to beat. Good receivers, not very mobile QB. I like this matchup this week.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Just now, BlackPanther21_ said:

Im expecting a loss, but sure hope i'm wrong. Certainly not in the same camp with these doom and gloomers.

Yeah, because expecting a loss is a good thing. Right? Qualifying it with a hope for success makes it all better.

If the doom and gloomers are the floor. And the optimism and hopers are the ceiling. You are squarely in the middle. Safe ground for sure.

41 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

What? It's like a rollercoaster in here every week. It we win on Sunday the "honest assessment" will swing  to the other side faster than a Roger Federer forehand. It's not lala land to think the season is over 5 weeks in with a mediocre schedule and a winning record.

I said its "la la land" if someone think their team is better than they really are.  The mirage-like 3-0 record against bad teams had a few people here in "la la land".  People who were really honest with themselves didn't take too much from a 3-0 start against bum teams, they waited to see more from the Panthers before they got too high or too low.  

When the Cowboys game came along and were the first "real" NFL team the Panthers played, they were exposed.  

54 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Oh  shut the fug up. You talk out both sides of you mouth all the fugging time. You never talk football, because you spend all your time trying to rile folks up with your goofy azz takes like this one.

Nah, you shut the fug up and go sit your weak ass down somewhere.  I dont try to rile anybody up, I just speak on what every set have eyes have seen.  Just because YOUR coward ass live in an alternate reality from people with real football knowledge don't mean anybody is talking out of both sides of their mouth.