• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC trending the wrong direction? Not practicing today...

SgtJoo

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

He already is a great receiver that plays out of the backfield. I would rather have him on the field then traded, with whatever the cap implications are. 

If Curtis Samuels can do it when healthy, CMC can blow the doors off doing it. 

That’s it he’s great coming out of the backfield , I don’t think in the slot on every play but I don’t think we should move an elite talent from RB because we’re afraid he might get hurt.If he’s in the slot and he has weak hammy then that’s a lot more stress on running routes unless you want him to be like Moss and the ball not coming to him just jog or take the play off.

3 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

It was initially about 3 weeks. This is the third week, it’s not like it’s week 14

I think the reaction is warranted considering CMC himself was acting all healed up and ready to play in his presser last week (or week before).

He literally said “I’m ready”

2 minutes ago, TDGone said:

That’s it he’s great coming out of the backfield , I don’t think in the slot on every play but I don’t think we should move an elite talent from RB because we’re afraid he might get hurt.If he’s in the slot and he has weak hammy then that’s a lot more stress on running routes unless you want him to be like Moss and the ball not coming to him just jog or take the play off.

It's not fear of him getting hurt, it's already a two year's of proof it's happening now.

He is a freak, I would put $5 down on him being the best WR we have after switching positions. As for the rest, I just disagree. Blocking and getting tackled by men from the trenches is a hell of a lot worse on the body. 

2 hours ago, thefuzz said:

It was stupid to extend him until after his 4th season...that's what we should have done...Marty didn't.

Welp...next time dont draft a RB in the top 10 and give him a crazy workload as the only offensive productive weapon every single game. Marty Hurney did neither one of those things and CMC would have sat out till he got paid. Cant make it anymore clearer than that. 

Edited by CPF4LIFE

1 hour ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Welp...next time dont draft a RB in the top 10 and give him a crazy workload as the only offensive productive weapon every single game. Marty Hurney did neither one of those things and CMC would have sat out till he got paid. Cant make it anymore clearer than that. 

Drafting him wasi fine, and I approve of it...paying him early is dumb, especially for the position.

2 hours ago, Waldo said:

It's not fear of him getting hurt, it's already a two year's of proof it's happening now.

He is a freak, I would put $5 down on him being the best WR we have after switching positions. As for the rest, I just disagree. Blocking and getting tackled by men from the trenches is a hell of a lot worse on the body. 

I disagree if your not worried about him getting hurt you leave him at RB were he’s elite.He’s not getting hurt by men in the trenches his hammy was hurt in the open field , his ankle last year was out in space, and his shoulder was hurt by a safety when he caught the ball in the flat, his quad he hurt working out. You do know in the slot he will need to block down on DE and LB and the tunnel screeen and a lot of  other short routes men in the trenches make them tackles. He wants to play RB and that’s what he was born to do because a lot of people forget a lot of time what sets him apart is his vision on running plays think back to the Jags game 2- years ago. If these injuries required surgeries to his knees or shoulders then RB might be the problem but with the injuries he’s had the last 2 years moving to WR will not stop them.

2 hours ago, Waldo said:

DJ Moore was asked if he had to do it all over again if he would like to be a running back. He said no they take too many hits. That’s all that needs to be said. Cmc could be a dominant slot receiver who gets touches out of the backfield a handful times per game. If I’m cmc I’m asking for this switch up to prolong my career. He could get a bigger payday that way as well when this contract ends rather than trying to keep playing as a 3 down back.

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, TDGone said:

I disagree if your not worried about him getting hurt you leave him at RB were he’s elite.He’s not getting hurt by men in the trenches his hammy was hurt in the open field , his ankle last year was out in space, and his shoulder was hurt by a safety when he caught the ball in the flat, his quad he hurt working out. You do know in the slot he will need to block down on DE and LB and the tunnel screeen and a lot of  other short routes men in the trenches make them tackles. He wants to play RB and that’s what he was born to do because a lot of people forget a lot of time what sets him apart is his vision on running plays think back to the Jags game 2- years ago. If these injuries required surgeries to his knees or shoulders then RB might be the problem but with the injuries he’s had the last 2 years moving to WR will not stop them.

The hits add up. It’s wear and tear. He’s also added too much bulk to his frame. He was never ever this big at Stanford or his first two years in the league. He needs to lean up and switch positions. 

17 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

The hits add up. It’s wear and tear. He’s also added too much bulk to his frame. He was never ever this big at Stanford or his first two years in the league. He needs to lean up and switch positions. 

Will just have to disagree the hits are not adding up because none of his injuries are between the tackles but from the same spots on the field he would get from playing slot .That would be like telling Cam you can’t run with the ball from the QB position and have a lengthy career but if you switch to TE your career might last longer which they wanted to do in his early years with the Gators. Can didn’t want it and CMC doesn’t either which I think both should play the position we’re they are elite even if it shortens their career

2 minutes ago, TDGone said:

Will just have to disagree the hits are not adding up because none of his injuries are between the tackles but from the same spots on the field he would get from playing slot .That would be like telling Cam you can’t run with the ball from the QB position and have a lengthy career but if you switch to TE your career might last longer which they wanted to do in his early years with the Gators. Can didn’t want it and CMC doesn’t either which I think both should play the position we’re they are elite even if it shortens their career

I don’t even know where to begin with this analogy.