• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2006 Steve Smith & Hamstring

OceanPanther

46 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

He is being used too much.  I said it to the Cam Newton nut huggers back in 2012-17:  Every hit takes its toll.  I said on the Huddle that he was not going to have a long career and Rivera is to blame.  Yes, it was fun when he lowered that shoulder and took on a S or LB, but tick tock...  The nut huggers have never let me know that I was on point---they forgot, I suppose.  No apologies, "you were right", no cards, no flowers. 

Might just be me, but 1) I don't care about being proven right about anything (because I'm just as likely to be wrong and I realize it's a flip of the coin either way) and 2) I don't want to be proven right about something bad happening and I definitely don't want credit for those kind of calls. No pat on the back. I don't want to be able to say "I told you so" especially on something that I wish I hadn't been right about because it doesn't make anything better...just an ego stroke that nobody else will really care about.

13 hours ago, NAS said:

We just going to ignore that he missed the entire 2004 season due to injury on MNF vs Green Bay?  

It was a f'g broken bone and he played 151 of the next 160 regular season games...

...CMC is a big talent and a very likable guy and I only hope for the best for him...

...but he can't carry Smitty's jock and comparing the two is laughable, and illogical.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

The little injury's stink, but these aren't injuries that will lower his ability long term....

"these injuries" have literally taken his "ability" all the wayy from elite to complete-non-factor, and for what will likely be close to 2 seasons by the time he gets off IR...

...assumes he's able to get back up to speed anytime soon.  

Shelf life for running backs ain't too good...

2 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

"these injuries" have literally taken his "ability" all the wayy from elite to complete-non-factor, and for what will likely be close to 2 seasons by the time he gets off IR...

...assumes he's able to get back up to speed anytime soon.  

Shelf life for running backs ain't too good...

Well thanks for clearing that up, I'm not sure you know the difference between ability and capability right now he is incapable of playing.

If you look around the NFL and RBs shelf lives they coincide with major injuries he has not suffered a MAJOR injury.

On 10/15/2021 at 2:39 PM, Panthercougar68 said:

They happen and people can get over them. I honestly have no qualms if CMC rests another week. Things can change during the season it’s not like this is end of season push.

There won't be an end of season push to have at this rate. In the NFL, every play is important to most teams in terms of their post season hopes. It's not even that every game is important, the scoring margins are so low that 4 or 5 plays can determine if you go to the playoffs.