• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Observations

MHS831

I think @Zod made a great point during the game that this is what the defense looks like without a press man corner.  Cousins was able to hit his mark and throw the ball without much real pressure.  Without that kind of strong CB play, we needed our pass rush to win today.  They did not.

Then add in the fact that we were unable to convert 3rd downs for most of the day, it was just a LONG day at the office for the defense.  Sam, the WRs, the OL - our offense is just not good.  What has Rhule been doing?  Praying that CMC saves his butt?  No.  Rhule needs to get it together, figure out what kind of offense we are and do it now.  That's a lame ass excuse.  You either are able to execute, or you need to figure out how.

Is the season lost?  I don't think so.  Again, I'm going to be hopeful because that's just more fun than being a pessimist in general.  Then again when the Panthers screw things up, I've got other good things in my life so I guess that makes it  easier for me.

43 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

If you look at our third quarter stats for the season, it is insane how poorly we play in that quarter.

It really is and it is a well established pattern going back to last season too. Teams have been known to be second half teams and stuff like that but I don't know if I've ever seen poo the bed for a specific quarter quite like this.

• Beer 1

I 100% agree with the statement that Jermaine Carter is not a starting middle linebacker. The guy is horrible. I have watched every game and actually been to one( Dallas). Each time I have watched I specifically watch him on defense. The dline will do their job but he will not, hence the defense giving up all those rushing yards the past few games. He is just out of position and slow to read and react. This team needs a right guard, left tackle, qb, and middle linebacker in the worst way.