• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold : Will he make it to a 2nd season here?

glenwo2

Sam Darnold : Will he make it to a 2nd season here? (Poll)  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Sam Darnold : Will he make it to a 2nd season here?

• Yes, he will get one final chance with a (hopefully) upgraded O-Line
    • No. He's gone and good f'n riddance
    • Too Early to tell. Let's see how these next 11 games go

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/31/2021 at 09:00 PM

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Oh I bet the Tepper comments are brutal. When I saw him watching the game in his box alone, that spoke volumes. I think our coaching staff is in for a blistering if this losing streak continues. 

Anyone who thinks Darnold is going to be anything different that his past 44 games started....I just don't know what to say to you. The problems are the same and so incredibly obvious. 

I am fine talking about QB next year because he will clearly be up to get replaced, whether he stays on the roster or not remains to be seen.

I remember in All or Nothing or Camp Confidential Tepper had Rivera in the office and it wasn't very comfortable to watch haha. I think that was prob 4 months before Rivera got the axe

8 hours ago, CRA said:

It is Sam’s 4th year as a starting NFL QB.    Think it is safe to speak on him not being a very good at playing QB at this point.  Who has clear cut issues that have nothing to do with the Jets.  They exist here and were the same concerns coming out of USC. 

But his 1st year as one on a team that is actually trying to develop him.

The only thing the Jets developed when Sam was there was BAD HABITS.

29 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

And yet nothing has changed, regardless of the attempt to develop him.

You can only blame Gase and the Jets so long. At this point, it does appear the bulk of Darnold's problems were his own.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

And yet nothing has changed, regardless of the attempt to develop him.

You can only blame Gase and the Jets so long. At this point, it does appear the bulk of Darnold's problems were his own.

I'm not disagreeing with you.   

It's starting to seem like his ceiling may be as a decent backup in the league instead of a Starting QB. 

would love to be proven wrong and that the final-drive in the Vikings game was indicative of him finally turning a corner, though...

Edited by glenwo2

why do we keep expecting miracles behind crappy OLs?  Jake Delhomme had a decent OL---he was average at best and struggled everywhere else he played. But he had fire.  Steve Berlein was mediocre, but at his best when the OL was good. They figured Cam's mobility and size could offset a bad OL--but he did have Turner, Kalil, and Norwell.  Build the OL THEN bring in the savior at QB--why is that concept hard?  Fitterer is now all into RBs, DBs, etc.  The trade deadline is approaching and there are some moves he could make.  Let's see what he does. 

Edited by MHS831

6 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

Still his 4th year as a starter.  This is the Teddy arguement all over again.  

It's not all a Jets creation.  A lot of Sam's issues existed before the Jets.  He has those issues here.  Because it's what he is. 

Some of it is just QB DNA.  You can't change certain things.  

Good athelte.  Good dude.  Not a great QB. 

• Pie 1

Panthers would be 0-6 or 1-5 without Sam. Would be 5-1 if the O-line, defense and receivers weren't so bad the past few weeks. Sam has an elite arm (eg 57yd TD to Anderson & 45yd dime on 4th down)... the problem is that the talent around him isn't elite or avg even. Give him with a decent O-line and he'll flourish and become a franchise QB. 

On 10/22/2021 at 10:12 AM, aces said:

Panthers would be 0-6 or 1-5 without Sam. Would be 5-1 if the O-line, defense and receivers weren't so bad the past few weeks. Sam has an elite arm (eg 57yd TD to Anderson & 45yd dime on 4th down)... the problem is that the talent around him isn't elite or avg even. Give him with a decent O-line and he'll flourish and become a franchise QB. 

Wow! You Darnold supporters are pathetic.

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm not sure he makes it to game 8.

Yeah I think Rhule's done with him.

But...the problem is that we have no viable backup to keep him on the bench as PJ is as bad(or rather worse) than him. 

Could've had Minshew for a song-and-a-dance(basically) and they passed on that to spare Sam's feelings or some sh*t.