• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It doesnt matter who the qb is

Tr3ach

1 hour ago, amcoolio said:

What do you expect when the defense has had to play 80 series and 14 short fields in the last four weeks lol

Defense is constantly on the field of course they are going to get tired

Check the total snap counts per team and find another angle to shoehorn your narrative into reality.

It's those short fields that are leading to the defense not being on the field long. Man, it feels historically bad how often teams are operating in short-field situations. Zero offense and terrible punting is a disaster compounded.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

I watched Darnold make his worst reads when he had the most time. The guy can’t read defenses. 

Yep.  I'm convinced that he just doesn't know how to read Defenses.

Any chance of him learning how to do that were destroyed the moment he was drafted by the Jets.

All we acquired at a high cost...was an already-mentally-broken QB. 

He's not David Carr but he reminds me of how bad Neil O'Donnell was

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Tr3ach said:

It doesnt matter who the starting qb is or who you or the coaches want to make the scapegoat for the losing streak.   Until the oline learns to block, the oc learns to call plays and the wrs get back to learning how to get open/catch the ball, they are going to lose.   These are team losses.  The coaches arent coaching well and most of the players arent playing well.

It absolutely matters. 

Experience at identifying defenses, mechanics and accuracy matters for a QB...Not to mention that these franchise QBs like Brady and Rodgers call their own plays at the line.

In my estimation, saying that it doesn't matter isn't really being truthful to the situation at hand. Our line isn't stellar, but indicisiveness, if not outright confusion makes it appear worse than it really is.

Sam hasn't really changed from USC... that is the problem. Never got coached up by JETS and the same issues he had there manifested in NFL (esp with multiple CS and schemes)...  guy never had a chance in NY and I thought he may get better here esp. after the 1st three games but.... 

As a Jet fan I have seen the good (not too often), the bad(very often)  and the ugly (like today's loss to NE) but our OL and yours is terrible, i.e., our rookie QB got injured because the scheme, PC and Coaching is poor to bad.  Sound familiar?   Looks like both CS are not NFL ready because they seem to get schooled each week... just saying.

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

It absolutely matters. 

Experience at identifying defenses, mechanics and accuracy matters for a QB...Not to mention that these franchise QBs like Brady and Rodgers call their own plays at the line.

In my estimation, saying that it doesn't matter isn't really being truthful to the situation at hand. Our line isn't stellar, but indicisiveness, if not outright confusion makes it appear worse than it really is.

Not stellar?  They are one of the worst in the league if not the worst by almost any measure.

5 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

I watched Darnold make his worst reads when he had the most time. The guy can’t read defenses. 

That is a huge part of it…he has open receivers and doesn’t see them, and throws into coverage all the time 

and he is not accurate…he gets happy feet….I think he just doesn’t have it mentally to play at a high level

and yes his receivers do run lousy routes and drop balls

and our OL

3 friggin points against the giants…just putrid 

5 hours ago, gorillamilitia13 said:

Franchise QB's are solutions to team-wide problems 

And Franchise QBs are few and far between. If we're holding out for a Franchise QB then we'll be waiting a long time. 

The play calling is abysmal. The NFL has worked out Brady.

• Beer 1