• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

When did you give up on Matt Rhule?

2 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

But getting rid of our OC would be a justifiable move at this point. 

Darnold limits the play calling Brady can do because he is so unbelievably bad. Brady isn’t even close to being the problem. It’s all Darnold. Even with this line he’s the worst starting qb with a clean pocket going on 4 years now. No OC in the league is going to be successful with what Brady has had to work with. This is the same guy who made 4 1k yard from scrimmage players with Teddy bridgewater in his scheme. Because Teddy could actually run the system and be quick and decisive and process what was happening on the field. He just didn’t have the arm to stretch the field and was wayyyyy too conservative. Darnold cannot process the field, panics if the first read isn’t open and throws balls directly to defenders. Like this dude should not be in the nfl. It’s not Brady and we would be fools to scapegoat him but this will probably happen because Rhule has no ties to him. Darnold is a franchise and coach killer.

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

Darnold limits the play calling Brady can do because he is so unbelievably bad. Brady isn’t even close to being the problem. It’s all Darnold. Even with this line he’s the worst starting qb with a clean pocket going on 4 years now. No OC in the league is going to be successful with what Brady has had to work with. This is the same guy who made 4 1k yard from scrimmage players with Teddy bridgewater in his scheme. Because Teddy could actually run the system and be quick and decisive and process what was happening on the field. He just didn’t have the arm to stretch the field and was wayyyyy too conservative. Darnold cannot process the field, panics if the first read isn’t open and throws balls directly to defenders. Like this dude should not be in the nfl. It’s not Brady and we would be fools to scapegoat him but this will probably happen because Rhule has no ties to him. Darnold is a franchise and coach killer.

We’ve only scored 17 points offensively in the third quarter in our last eleven games. That goes back to last season. We said we were going to emphasize the run last weeks, but had less than 20 rushing attempts the entire game.

I’m not saying I would fire Brady now. But I could see the rationale. Personally, I hope he moves on to greener pastures next year and we bring in a seasoned OC. If Brady does stick around, then we have to bring in a QB who doesn’t have the flaws of Brigdewater and Darnold that you so aptly laid out in the above post

1 minute ago, SCO96 said:

We’ve only scored 17 points offensively in the third quarter in our last eleven games. That goes back to last season. We said we were going to emphasize the run last weeks, but had less than 20 rushing attempts the entire game.

I’m not saying I would fire Brady now. But I could see the rationale. Personally, I hope he moves on to greener pastures next year and we bring in a seasoned OC. If Brady does stick around, then we have to bring in a QB who doesn’t have the flaws of Brigdewater and Darnold that you so aptly laid out in the above post

Again no OC is going to be able to do much with those two qbs. This is a talent issue not a coordinator issue. Brady has a great scheme and yes he is still learning situationally. He’s young too but the dude has what it takes if we give him an actual competent qb. I know people are harping on the run but like we were down and needed to make plays. They’re stacking the box and sitting on routes because Darnold sucks. There’s only so much you can do in situations like that. 

9 hours ago, electro's horse said:

tools to fix the team aren't on it

sam was always the third option at QB, things just didn't work out. Injuries have hampered things, Brady has fallen to earth, etc. it's gone pear shaped; there's nothing that can be done. 

if you wanna blame him for how bad the offense is you have to give him credit for how good the defense is

Yall know how bad you fuged up when fiz is the voice of reason

Repeat adder me...Fiz is the voice of reason here.........................

Edited by Fox007

8 hours ago, WOW!! said:

I will never blame a team taking a shot at being good rather then staying mediocre with a game manager who couldn't stay healthy anyway...

Reality is Darnold has more physical talent then Teddy and trying to mold that into something I get.. Darnold sucks but Teddy was and is a backup.... We lost when San Francisco jumped up and took Trey... Now we're in QB purgatory until the Watson situation clears up or next offseason when Hopefully we can get a better vet QB..

By going with Darnold the team essentially decided to stay mediocre.

9 hours ago, WelshPanther said:

Was thinking about Cards head coach today, college guy who seemed out of his depth. A good QB goes a long way.

Yes, if the HC is good enough to know one when he sees one or sees the opportunity 

people don’t like to be reminded of winning that Washington game in 2020 That changed the Panthers draft trajectory from 3rd to 8, but it started there 

you pretend to care, you really really do, but you lose that meaningless game after a valiant effort, you can get Lance or a ton of draft picks for that position 

We know the rest

most important position in the nfl, qb   Second most important, LT   Nothing without it

6 hours ago, WOW!! said:

This is a dumb conversation and a overarching after a horrible lose...

If you're done with Rhule.. You might want to take 2 years off because he's here for Atleast 2 more years.. Sorry .. But Tepper is from the Steelers system and they don't fire coaches after 1 season..

What part of the steelers system do they sign two mediocre vet QBs back to back?

1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

The defense isn't that good. Hasn't been since week four. They just gave up 23 points (two were the offense's fault directly) to the hapless Giants. They moved on our defense pretty much at will (well, for the Giants that was at will). 

HC, OC, DC, STC are all basically mid-tier college football guys and that's where they should have stayed. 

New GM was a mid-level scouting dude for a team that drafted well a couple of times nearly a decade ago and have been falling apart since. He's out of his element and cannot evaluate talent, especially under Rhule's guidance.

The tools for fixing this team aren't in the coaches offices or front office, either. And the owner is just a self-possessed, bloviated tyro who wants to grab his trophy wife's ass at press conferences. 

Defense is fine.  You leave them on the field with no offense….and yeah, they eventually give up points.   That’s not a defensive problem.  It’s horrific offense bleeding over. 

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, rippadonn said:

In over his head. When Hurney offered to move mountains and go get Rhule Justin Herbert and Rhule was like, nah, we good, I knew he didn't understand the NFL.

Hurney was a 1st round savant who blessed Ron with a long career by being the GM who drafted Cam when many others claimed they wouldn't.

Mac Jones or my guy Kyle Trask would have at least given Rhule a net, in that rookies need time to develop.

Rhule continues to think QB is just a guy. As we know only having 2-3 franchise QBs in our whole history, your QB IS the guy and your first priority.

Who the fug are the other 2? 

6 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Yes, if the HC is good enough to know one when he sees one or sees the opportunity 

people don’t like to be reminded of winning that Washington game in 2020 That changed the Panthers draft trajectory from 3rd to 8, but it started there 

you pretend to care, you really really do, but you lose that meaningless game after a valiant effort, you can get Lance or a ton of draft picks for that position 

We know the rest

most important position in the nfl, qb   Second most important, LT   Nothing without it

Nothing was wrong with winning that game last season. We dropped a few spots, but at #8, but it doesn’t appear that the franchise was set back for years to come by not getting Wilson or Fields. We don’t have enough tape on Lance, but he isn’t a sure bet to be a success either.

As you pointed out, LT is almost as important as QB. After dropping to #8, we still had a shot at The left tackle Slater. We also passed on several tackles and interior lineman in round 2. I don’t know what happened internally, but We could have kept Bridgewater another season to see how he would do with an improved oline, a healthy CMAC, and another year in Brady’s system and plan to move on for him by drafting a successor in 2022 which was the last year of his deal.

3 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

Nothing was wrong with winning that game last season. We dropped a few spots, but at #8, but it doesn’t appear that the franchise was set back for years to come by not getting Wilson or Fields. We don’t have enough tape on Lance, but he isn’t a sure bet to be a success either.

As you pointed out, LT is almost as important as QB. After dropping to #8, we still had a shot at The left tackle Slater. We also passed on several tackles and interior lineman in round 2. I don’t know what happened internally, but We could have kept Bridgewater another season to see how he would do with an improved oline, a healthy CMAC, and another year in Brady’s system and plan to move on for him by drafting a successor in 2022 which was the last year of his deal.

True 

if we didn’t think the qb was there at 3, there were teams that did. Missed out on stockpiling picks 

My biggest issue with Rhule, not getting the QB right and not getting a LT.  Newton, Allen, Bridgewater, and now Darnold and keeping PJ 

i simply can’t stomach his decisions and he’s thinking he can ‘coach em up’ and send them out there at Qb and LT, then draft a LT and say they graded him a ‘guard’ 

that’s like saying I went to a dentist for a brain tumor  they both work on the head

15 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

True 

if we didn’t think the qb was there at 3, there were teams that did. Missed out on stockpiling picks 

My biggest issue with Rhule, not getting the QB right and not getting a LT.  Newton, Allen, Bridgewater, and now Darnold and keeping PJ 

i simply can’t stomach his decisions and he’s thinking he can ‘coach em up’ and send them out there at Qb and LT, then draft a LT and say they graded him a ‘guard’ 

that’s like saying I went to a dentist for a brain tumor  they both work on the head

I could except the reasoning of the Christensen pick if you had taken a LT in the 1st or 2nd round and taken him to play guard in then 3rd. The way things played out, we could have taken Slater in the 1st at LT, Creed Humphrey at center in the 2nd, and Brady to play guard in the 3rd round.  That would have been a sound investment in the oline . Even it didn’t work out in the long run we couldn’t have criticized them because on paper it those moves are legitimate.

• Pie 2