• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

In support of Coach Rhule

PanthersATL

14 minutes ago, CRA said:

I’ll repeat it.  Every play goes through his ears.  And he has input and the ability to do whatever he wants with it.  

and no a competent OC is not going to do anything with a the worst starting QB in the NFL paired with a bad OL.   Overall he will look horrible.   Brady was a project to begin with.  You give what the Panthers did? Well, it shouldn’t be shock.    That’s on Rhule.  Brady is a freaking pass heavy offensive mind.  That’s what Rhule brought in.  

Nothing about Rhule’s tenure says he is good at addressing problems.  Tepper had a Seattle GM that overly values DB.  That doesn’t make Tepper good at addressing problems.  See QB and OL.  The two biggest problems and they are getting bigger and worse under him. 

You know what? I am not going to get into this with you again. 

You are not a happy camper, and it shows in your posts. I am not letting that get to me. So I respectfully back out.

Just now, uncfan888 said:

He is really bad. Gotten progressively worse over the years. How dare you disagree with something the organization does? 

And all you do is attack posters. When was the last time you posted something football related?

I try and post, and this is what I get. Nah, this place ain't toxic.

3 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

You know what? I am not going to get into this with you again. 

You are not a happy camper, and it shows in your posts. I am not letting that get to me. So I respectfully back out.

Cool beans.  You could just say you have no actual defense of Matt Rhule in the future.  

3 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

Didn’t mean it as an attack. 

do you think rhule deserves no blame?

He is new to the NFL, so mistakes will happen. But then again, almost every team makes mistakes.

He is good at addressing his mistakes for the most part. Now, if he does something about Brady. That would go a long way with appeasing the fan base.

It's year 2. I think too many people are in a hurry to speed this thing up, and are being overly  critical.

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

Cool beans.  You could just say you have no actual defense of Matt Rhule in the future.  

Listen, you quoted me first. It is not my responsibility to answer in a fashion that pleases you. It was my fault for trying to converse in a friendly manner. I will not make that mistake again.

20 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I agree, these half measures with veteran stopgap QBs only works if you DRAFT a QB. Having Teddy start while they had a rookie on the bench would have been a solid move. Even Darnold starting while Fields or Jones was on the bench. There's not even a veteran backup to fall back on to get us through this season. It's just going to be a sh*tshow for the rest of the season now.

IMO, you cannot fault Rhule for trying to jump start this rebuild with a Vet QB. It was a calculated risk. 

What we can hold him responsible for? How he fixes this mess. And unfortunately, that won't be this year.

My biggest issue with this coaching staff is the vanilla that seems to reek from this team. 

Joe Brady, for someone that is suppose to be innovated, is absolutely terrible at designing a game plan for NFL defenses.  It seems we run the same damn play over and over.  When was the last time we saw a misdirection play?  A play to get the defense from loading up the box.  And probably the worst trait is he has no mid game adjust me.  Same plays in the first half compared to the 2nd half.

Phil Snow,  I love his concept, but when a team runs the same slat over and over for big gains and doesn't make an adjustment.

Fitterer, my only complaint with him is how many freaking cornerbacks are you going to trade for?  Especially with the status of our O-line.  We need interior O-line help now. , 

Draft picks IMO are still one of our best ever and that needs to continue.  As a GM that has probably has one of the worst lines in the NFL, I would be fixing that instead of going after cornerbacks.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Listen, you quoted me first. It is not my responsibility to answer in a fashion that pleases you. It was my fault for trying to converse in a friendly manner. I will not make that mistake again.

you really struggle with taking a message board way too serious boss.   

9 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

My biggest issue with this coaching staff is the vanilla that seems to reek from this team. 

Joe Brady, for someone that is suppose to be innovated, is absolutely terrible at designing a game plan for NFL defenses.  It seems we run the same damn play over and over.  When was the last time we saw a misdirection play?  A play to get the defense from loading up the box.  And probably the worst trait is he has no mid game adjust me.  Same plays in the first half compared to the 2nd half.

Phil Snow,  I love his concept, but when a team runs the same slat over and over for big gains and doesn't make an adjustment.

Fitterer, my only complaint with him is how many freaking cornerbacks are you going to trade for?  Especially with the status of our O-line.  We need interior O-line help now. , 

Draft picks IMO are still one of our best ever and that needs to continue.  As a GM that has probably has one of the worst lines in the NFL, I would be fixing that instead of going after cornerbacks.

It just seems like a poor hire by Rhule.  I mean, would you hire Mike Shula to lead a high power pass attack?   No.  Would be be a decent hire if your intention was to run the ball down someone's throat? Sure. 

Joe Brady is a pass heavy guy.  And not a dink and dunk guy.  And a green one at that.  If you were going to bring Joe Brady in....you better of been ready to let him aggressively air it out and have the talent for that to be on the table.   Otherwise, what's the point.  He is too green to be suppose to figure out how to make Sam Darnold and this OL function.  Even a good OC would ultmiately fail and not have consistent results with that. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Here's a fair question: who acquired said players?

Who:
- traded for Darnold
- ignored the offense for an entire draft
- skipped picking any OL in multiple rounds this year
- extended Robby Anderson to a big deal
- kept his college QB as the backup because he was his college QB
- advocated for signing two of the league's worst OL to hilarious deals early in free agency

Hard to argue this so I won’t 

The whole deal just sucks

we shouldn’t be as bad as we are