• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tom Brady has more passing TDs than our franchise.

Tbe

40 minutes ago, CanePantherHornet said:

I would rather have 1 good year that resulted in a super bowl every 20 years and suck for the rest of the time than I would our fate. 

Nah I couldn't find much joy in mercenary teams like that. The Bucs are a trash organization who lucked into a bunch of players picking Tampa Bay to build a super team for a few years. Whatever.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, t96 said:

Nah I couldn't find much joy in mercenary teams like that. The Bucs are a trash organization who lucked into a bunch of players picking Tampa Bay to build a super team for a few years. Whatever.

I don't think the players picked Tampa so much as they picked Tom Brady.

1 hour ago, t96 said:

Ehhh. I don't think that's giving them enough credit. They had built a good team before Brady came there and they've continued to have good drafts since then. They drafted well and built a solid core. They hired a great coach and coordinators. They took a chance on Brady when almost everyone else was calling him washed. 

• Poo 1

4 hours ago, BrianS said:

I don't think it's bitterness, it's just boring.  Yes, Brady is great, the GOAT in fact.  No one is denying that.  I think that NFL fans as a whole would simply like to see something different.  The NFL is just more interesting when a greater number teams and players have a bona fide opportunity to win it all.

But that's why he IS so compelling. We're watching history. He's our Jordan. We may never get a chance to see something like this again before we all croak. I don't care he beat us in the Super Bowl. That was a LONG time ago. I don't care if their cheating helped that. I don't care if he was a "system QB" in NE. I don't care that he's a dork. I don't care that he's married to a model. All I know is we are witness to something amazing. He'll retire one day, don't worry. But look at your last sentence ... just the idea that one guy can control an entire league ... wow. If you can't enjoy Brady as a fan of football, you're just a hater.

• Poo 1

58 minutes ago, CanePantherHornet said:

Ehhh. I don't think that's giving them enough credit. They had built a good team before Brady came there and they've continued to have good drafts since then. They drafted well and built a solid core. They hired a great coach and coordinators. They took a chance on Brady when almost everyone else was calling him washed. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Tampa_Bay_Buccaneers_seasons

Take a peak at that list before Brady got there and since the Gruden one-off SB win. Nobody was calling Brady washed, he had multiple suitors and chose the Bucs. We'll see how they do once he's gone and the cronies he brought with him are gone too. I'm pretty confident they'll revert right back to what they were before he got there.

Just now, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

But that's why he IS so compelling. We're watching history. He's our Jordan. We may never get a chance to see something like this again before we all croak. I don't care he beat us in the Super Bowl. That was a LONG time ago. I don't care if their cheating helped that. I don't care if he was a "system QB" in NE. I don't care that he's a dork. I don't care that he's married to a model. All I know is we are witness to something amazing. He'll retire one day, don't worry. But look at your last sentence ... just the idea that one guy can control an entire league ... wow. If you can't enjoy Brady as a fan of football, you're just a hater.

What a completely absurd and ridiculous narrow-minded point of view. People can enjoy whatever the hell they want within the game of football and they have no need to defend their points of view. If you like watching him play, great, feel free to do so. If others don't they have every right to not watch him. It's literally the entertainment business, if someone isn't entertained by watching Brady play they aren't "haters" they just have different things that entertain them.

I personally am a fan of defensive aspects of the game which have been slowly dwindling away in recent years and decades and I have no interest in watching games that don't involve my team where the offense just does whatever they want all game and the league penalizes defensive players for laying a pinky on the QB or receivers. Of course I watch all Panthers games as I enjoy watching my favorite team play and following along with the progress but I really don't get any joy watching any games that Brady plays except when we're involved. Same goes for other QBs who are coddled like him and teams with no defenses. 

If I was a "hater" I'd specifically watch his games to root against him like I've done with LeBron in the NBA playoffs the last decade. But I don't with Brady, he's mostly irrelevant to me as a fan of football. 

5 hours ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

Not surprised by this. I couldn’t really find how many TDS we have total as a franchise. I’m guessing like 400

We currently have 546 passing TDs. Sam Darnold is already 10th in TD passes thrown in Panthers history; Cam and Jake are the only ones over 100 passing TDs.