• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers willing to trade CMC??

WarPanthers89

10 minutes ago, CRA said:

they all play with good QBs and good OLs.  Fournette a top RB? Or does now just play in a place RBs thrive.  

it’s silly to build around Henry and CMC.  They get hurt and you are screwed.  Rams, Bucs, Dallas, all keep rolling with a RB injury.   There are a lot of legit runners in the NFL if they are setup for success.  There aren’t many that can what Henry and CMC do. 

My point wasn’t that you build around the RB just we would still need to find better than what we would have on the roster.Just like you said we need a good OL which we don’t have at the moment nor have we invested in since CMC got here.They built this team around defense not the RB they just thought the rb could make up for a lot of their shortcomings on offense which he did when healthy but like you said when he goes out we’re dead in the water.

4 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

how many ACL injuries did T Davis go through ?

Bad comparison. Davis wasn't one of the highest paid players on the team when those injuries happened. And McCaffrey has had an insane number of touches in college and the nfl that have led to this point. Even if you can convince yourself CMC will buck the trend you need only look at the history of the position and even his current peers. Gurley and Barkley. It sucks but the position is one that chews up and spits out players. Derrick Henry is doing his thing but he is rare and built differently.

• Pie 1

31 minutes ago, TDGone said:

Great you should have played in the SEC like me then you could say you played real football LOL.I don’t think the Panthers tanked his value the injuries he’s had the last 2 years none have required surgery but it’s just kind of strange that maybe Tepper wanted Watson so bad and they were afraid CMC would get hurt , then they wouldn’t have this carrot to put in front of Houston if the report is true they were willing to part with CMC.Yes I agree with you that hamstring are hard to predict but his was consider a very mild strain from his MRI and key here is MOST have a recovery time of lest than 2 weeks.Maybe they were afraid he would be like Hopkins trying to get back on the field to soon who knows but them.

I feel you. I just think he tweaked it and reset the clock. 

5 minutes ago, TDGone said:

Henry is a freak but his running style should make him more at risk for injury then CMC. He’s not trying to make people miss but punish them for wanting to come up and tackle him.

He's been around tops in the league in touches the last couple of years. Based on history he's probably got 2 or 3 more years at this pace before the decline. The Titans are putting all their chips in now I can't blame them they could make a run with him like Marshawn Lynch. We've tried to use the same approach with McCaffrey but he just isn't built for it and he's already had mileage from back at Stanford. Odds are low this run of injuries is going to go in the other direction. It stinks but what can you do.

6 minutes ago, frankw said:

He's been around tops in the league in touches the last couple of years. Based on history he's probably got 2 or 3 more years at this pace before the decline. The Titans are putting all their chips in now I can't blame them they could make a run with him like Marshawn Lynch. We've tried to use the same approach with McCaffrey but he just isn't built for it and he's already had mileage from back at Stanford. Odds are low this run of injuries is going to go in the other direction. It stinks but what can you do.

True the Titans are all in on Henry but he did have a lot of touches  in college and also High School