• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold Concussed, Patriots Game Next Week, Sign Cam,

Kryptick

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean, that depends on the question. Cam is an answer to the "What available QB's are much better than PJ Walker?" question. Cam isn't the answer to the "What QB is the future of QB for the Carolina Panthers?" question.

If I was magically the coach today, I would absolutely be calling Cam Newton. He elevates our rushing game immediately and he can be an upgrade at QB over Darnold. Do I think that leads us to a playoff spot? No. But at least we would potentially have an NFL caliber offense to go with our elite defense.

This is all theory, however. There is no chance Tepper wants to see the guy he jettisoned come back into the building.

I have said more than a few times that Cam as the backup QB along with being a short yardage and red zone weapon makes a lot of sense.  Not sure Cam would want a backup role but Cam isn't the starting QB answer for any extended time IMO.

Just now, Shocker said:

I have said more than a few times that Cam as the backup QB along with being a short yardage and red zone weapon makes a lot of sense.  Not sure Cam would want a backup role but Cam isn't the starting QB answer for any extended time IMO.

He'd be a starting QB here because of how terrible our situation currently is. But, hypothetically, going into 2022 with Cam as a starter wouldn't be much different than 2020 or 2021 was. It's again just not addressing the issue.

But, it would be a HELL of a lot more fun to watch than what we are currently watching at QB. 

• Pie 1

Just a guess, But We  won't trade for  a QB,  Had we won 2 of the games against Phi, NYG, or Minn,  we might have tried to pull a rabbit out of our hat.  But we didn't . 

With our remaining schedule , I can't see them expecting to hold on to the 7th spot to make the playoffs. So why trade for someone else's non starter.

15 minutes ago, GOAT said:

oh we're back to discrediting wins based on who is at QB and how many points we win by I see.

yes we played a garbage azz team where the starter QB (who didn't do poo, really) is now concussed and we're heading into the actual competitive part of this year's schedule. fug off with this try hard enthusiasm.