• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jermaine Carter questions..

WOW!!

18 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Is he worth re-signing? I'd say maybe. At a reasonable rate which may be at odds as being seen as a 1 year starter and not more. 

You never know, prepare for the worst and hope for the best. If someone is willing to throw good starter money at him then I'm happy if it's not us. Still, absolutely backup quality guy I wouldn't mind on a reasonable 2 year deal. 

Compare his numbers with Kuechly's and that gives you some idea.  Carter is slow to read the play, causing him to get caught up in traffic.  His first contact is often 3-4 yards from the LOS whereas Luke was around 2.  That is the difference between a punt and first down.  Carter is not a MLB by trade--he is a MLB by demand.  Why do we think we can fill MLB, OL, and S with bench players?

4 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Compare his numbers with Kuechly's and that gives you some idea.  Carter is slow to read the play, causing him to get caught up in traffic.  His first contact is often 3-4 yards from the LOS whereas Luke was around 2.  That is the difference between a punt and first down.  Carter is not a MLB by trade--he is a MLB by demand.  Why do we think we can fill MLB, OL, and S with bench players?

Well we started from absolutely nothing after 2019, so it will take time to address everything. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

Using Kuechly as a gatekeeper for a MLB is absurd. Luke is one of the best ever. 

If you want to criticize Carter's play, then that's understandable. But it's big dumb to justify his suckiness by comparing him to a generational player. 

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Well we started from absolutely nothing after 2019, so it will take time to address everything. 

I know--but I would have addressed the OL this year and brought in the QB later if that was the "either / or"   We have bench players at 3 to 4 OL positions and wonder why the QB is not playing well.  Off topic, so I will leave it there.  I can say we tried to address MLB twice in free agency at least.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, My Goodness My Guinness said:

Using Kuechly as a gatekeeper for a MLB is absurd. Luke is one of the best ever. 

If you want to criticize Carter's play, then that's understandable. But it's big dumb to justify his suckiness by comparing him to a generational player. 

You called him a gatekeeper, not me---Kuechly is the top of the chart--and that should have been understood without illustrations or explanation.   So before you attack a perspective, understand it.

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

You called him a gatekeeper, not me---Kuechly is the top of the chart--and that should have been understood without illustrations or explanation.   So before you attack a perspective, understand it.

14 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Compare his numbers with Kuechly's and that gives you some idea

I'm not sure you understand your own perspective

1 minute ago, My Goodness My Guinness said:

I'm not sure you understand your own perspective

Quite sure I do.  Player talent is based on a continuum, not a gatekeeper.  If you understand the ends of the continuum, it enables one to better estimate the capability for improvement if that is prioritized.  Stop trolling and allow others to have perspectives that differ from yours, oh Gatekeeper of all that is logical.

10 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I know--but I would have addressed the OL this year and brought in the QB later if that was the "either / or"   We have bench players at 3 to 4 OL positions and wonder why the QB is not playing well.  Off topic, so I will leave it there.  I can say we tried to address MLB twice in free agency at least.

Yeah, MLB doesn't stick out as much as QB/OL. Those positions are actively losing us games.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, MLB doesn't stick out as much as QB/OL. Those positions are actively losing us games.

I think this thread has been overdue for that reason.  Carter takes slow, false steps, bad angles, and his numbers are not there.  I think S and MLB have been given a bit of a pass because the Offense has drawn the fire.

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, MHS831 said:

This isn't a good comparison. JAG or Starter. All starters are not superstars like Kuechly.