• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam is done here, and if Rhule doesn't make a move, he will lose the entire team.

Proudiddy

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This thread is spot on. Being at the game today, none of the offense was communicating on the sidelines in the second half. Several defensive players (Shaq notably) talking to PJ while we had the ball. The team was anticipating the change that never came. They know Darnold ain't it.

Thanks for the additional information, LG.  TBH, after listening to Rhule's presser, it sounds like he was giving Sam one last reprieve.  He specifically said he wanted to give Sam a chance to "play himself out of it," referring to the bad plays he had already made today.  I view it as though he was giving him his last chance altogether.  He seemed very forthcoming about how he felt about it and said "the QB can't turn the ball over."  When asked of he felt like he could still win with Sam, he reiterated that the QB can't turn the ball over and wouldn't commit to him moving forward.  He also defended Robby's outburst towards Sam, saying it was after the third turnover and everyone on the team was frustrated because they knew they couldn't win the game with that kind of play.

I understand giving him his last real shot to NOT give the job up, but not at the expense of losing the rest of the team while he does indeed lose the job...  because he lost the game and badly, in the process.  I dont know that PJ would've done any better, but he couldn't have done any worse, and I feel like the team knew that, which is what makes this worse...  it feels like Rhule left the team out to dry at expense of doing Sam a solid.

52 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Thanks for the additional information, LG.  TBH, after listening to Rhule's presser, it sounds like he was giving Sam one last reprieve.  He specifically said he wanted to give Sam a chance to "play himself out of it," referring to the bad plays he had already made today.  I view it as though he was giving him his last chance altogether.  He seemed very forthcoming about how he felt about it and said "the QB can't turn the ball over."  When asked of he felt like he could still win with Sam, he reiterated that the QB can't turn the ball over and wouldn't commit to him moving forward.  He also defended Robby's outburst towards Sam, saying it was after the third turnover and everyone on the team was frustrated because they knew they couldn't win the game with that kind of play.

I understand giving him his last real shot to NOT give the job up, but not at the expense of losing the rest of the team while he does indeed lose the job...  because he lost the game and badly, in the process.  I dont know that PJ would've done any better, but he couldn't have done any worse, and I feel like the team knew that, which is what makes this worse...  it feels like Rhule left the team out to dry at expense of doing Sam a solid.

Well now we see what happens next.

Rhule stuck his neck out for Sam and Sam stepped on it.

If he trots out Sam next week, he deserves to get fired.

The only option now is to cut Sam.  

It's not like Tepper couldn't afford to eat that 5th year option.

Cut him and put James Morgan out there.   Can't be any worse than Sam.  NO F*CKING WAY.

• Poo 1

55 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

And you know what, ole Sam is going to get $18 million next year if he never plays another down for the Panthers 

3 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Well now we see what happens next.

Rhule stuck his neck out for Sam and Sam stepped on it.

If he trots out Sam next week, he deserves to get fired.

The only option now is to cut Sam.  

It's not like Tepper couldn't afford to eat that 5th year option.

Cut him and put James Morgan out there.   Can't be any worse than Sam.  NO F*CKING WAY.

The crazy thing is I'm pretty sure whatever happened in practice was so very bad that they knew Darnold at his worst was better than PJ... 

I'd love to see them give Morgan and PJ more chances just because Darnold is done and everyone has lost confidence in him.  Doesn't matter if PJ is worse or not, at least it would look like they're trying something...

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

The crazy thing is I'm pretty sure whatever happened in practice was so very bad that they knew Darnold at his worst was better than PJ... 

I'd love to see them give Morgan and PJ more chances just because Darnold is done and everyone has lost confidence in him.  Doesn't matter if PJ is worse or not, at least it would look like they're trying something...

Sorry but if they trot out PJ, they are just giving up.

If they trot out Morgan, THAT is evidence that they are at least TRYING. 

Fans need to see SOMETHING here after this embarassing debacle.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Sorry but if they trot out PJ, they are just giving up.

If they trot out Morgan, THAT is evidence that they are at least TRYING. 

Fans need to see SOMETHING here after this embarassing debacle.

PJ hasn't had a start yet this season so I wouldn't be surprised if he got that chance...

I wonder who is sitting at home on a couch or on a PS they could pilfer, lol.