• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who do you BLAME THE MOST?

Admiral Ackbar

Who is THE MOST to blame for Sam Darnold?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the MOST to blame for the Sam Darnold Experience?

• Rhule
    • Tepper
    • Brady
    • Fitterer
    • Panthers fans for being hornswoggled into thinking this was even an a viable choice...

Rhule.  Ultimately it's his call on who the QB is going to be.  But I'm not going to sit here and hollar for him to be fired when his THIRD choice (Watson, Stafford, Darnold) at QB is failing miserably.  ORLY?!?!?!? 

Y'all Darnold was a desperate "We are going to actually try to win games" move instead of rolling with the trash on the roster.  When they were hiding Darnold in the preseason, it's probably because they already knew then what Darnold was.

Keeping Teddy imo would have been the better choice, but I think that bridge was burned last season.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

Rhule.  Ultimately it's his call on who the QB is going to be.  But I'm not going to sit here and hollar for him to be fired when his THIRD choice (Watson, Stafford, Darnold) at QB is failing miserably.  ORLY?!?!?!? 

Y'all Darnold was a desperate "We are going to actually try to win games" move instead of rolling with the trash on the roster.  When they were hiding Darnold in the preseason, it's probably because they already knew then what Darnold was.

Keeping Teddy imo would have been the better choice, but I think that bridge was burned last season.

They knew. They probably realized it during training camp 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Ultimately, the buck stops with the head coach and GM. They’re responsible for the roster and the talent ( or lack of it) on the field. The oline is awful. Trying to bring in a reclamation project behind those guys was bad. We passed on good prospects in the 2nd and 3rd round last year…and now we don’t have any 2nd and 3rd round picks this year.

Darold has to take a large part of the blame. The offensive line hasn’t done him any favors. The receivers have dropped a lot of passes.  But, Sam makes a lot of bad decisions which results in bad plays. I don’t blame him for the 2nd INT today. Jaime Collins just made a great play by leaping into the passing lane. The first and third picks were just bad plays. On both play he was running to the left and attempted to throw across his body without setting his feet, which is difficult for any QB. To make matters worse neither guy was open.  His picks seem to occur when he’s trying to  make something out of nothing. He needs to learn when to give up on dead plays. If hadn’t thrown those two picks and simply kept us in fig range the score could have been 17-13 in the 4th quarter…which is still a winnable game.

Brady’s play calling seem to always result in nearly no points in the 3rd quarter. In two of the past 3 games we’ve been blanked in the 2nd half. 

They can still turn things around, but the margin for error is much smaller now. As bad as Darnold has played, I’m still not sure he couldn’t be a viable starter with better coaching. If we could just get the ball to our wideouts more I think we could have a respectable 2nd half of the season.

Edited by SCO96

11 hours ago, DCR said:

FITTERER

He decided you can play in the N.F.L. without an Offensive Line

It's interesting that you made this comment.

For years he worked in the Seattle front office. The one area that the Seahawks seemed to struggle with year in and year out after the back to back SB appearances was the O-line. Some offices just seem to think that a mobile QB like Wilson (and Cam for that matter) do not need a top flight O-line. But, when you look back at the guys with multiple rings from the past 20 years (Big Ben, Eli, Peyton, Brady) they all had good pass blocking lineman during their championship years.

Any great team in NFL history that won multiple titles had great o-lines

The 1960's Packers

The Cowboys, Dolphins, Steelers of the 1970's

The 49ers of the 1980's and the Redskins from 1982-1991 (Remember the Hogs ?)

The Cowboys of the early 1990's

The 1997-1998 Denver Broncos

The Brady/Belichik Patriots

A solid offensive line is a must.