• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scott Fiterer - mid season grade

mrcompletely11

Saying Rhule makes finals decisions nullifys even hiring Fitt in the first place and pretty much excuses him from any bad decisions. Nobody was saying this when were 3-0. Stop the BS.  We should just get rid of him now if he has no say and is just a Yes man and also he is far from the best GM we ever had if this is his role.  

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

I'll give you QB, but how could the OL be better if there were no better options in FA?

We spent a top 10 pick on what has become the deepest position on the roster after continued moves. A 2nd round pick on a WR who hasn't really been much of a factor. A 3rd round pick on an OL who has been unable to supplant terrible veterans.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 3

"Bid against ourselves and paid a kings ransom for Sam Darnold"

Dude a 2nd round pick is not a kings ransom.  So no.

I know Darnold isn't panning out but taking a gamble for only a 2nd instead of a 1st or mor, is fine. He took the gamble and it was going to go two ways man. It works or it doesn't. Unfortunately for us it did not work out. 

Everything else is on point at least. Fitterer is doing a wonderful job, getting Rhule players he wants, this is more on Rhule than Fitt. 

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I said the other day his grade should be a solid C, but after sleeping on it this dude has failed in just about every aspect of his job..

Cons:

Bid against ourselves and paid a kings ransom for Sam Darnold

Pick up his 5th year option unnecessarily therefor tying us with him for 2 years

Extending Robbie Anderson.  I mean wtf was that?

Being cute in the draft and not addressing our main needs (QB, line) and letting talent slip by for a wr that we didnt need

Signing Erving and Elflein on day 1 hour 1 of free agency

Trading Perriman

Giving up more draft capital for a corner that is rumored to hate football and has played limited snaps and trading Darnolds safety valve in the process

Pros:

Gilmore for a 6th is great but then again we have to sign him and I imagine its going to be an expensive 3 year deal

Signing Reddick albeit to a one year prove it deal

Signed Daquan Jones

I am probably missing some stuff on both sides but damn the bloom is most certainly off this rose.  People on here were kissing his ass after the draft and I told people patience.  Sure he is better then hurney but the darnold albatross is going to pull this franchise down for 2 solid years

The deal for Sam is an all time awful…he got fleeced by the jets…and now we are stuck with an $18m cap hit because he bought his 5th yr option without him ever being in a Panther uniform…and lost 3 draft picks

gave up a draft pick and a potentially good TE for a head case that’s hurt and may never play…got fleeced by the jags

Went after & paid 2 OL that both suck way too much cash

reddick was a good pick up…Gilmore was too, but we may not even have him next yr…jones was a good pick up, I think

ill give him a big fat D…probably should be an F

Edited by Scott12345

I'll give Fitt a C overall. Rhule wanted Sam. While I don't like the way he's played, the actual trade itself was a good one if Rhule had him graded higher than any QB not named Lawrence or Wilson. Elf and Irving I give a D. Too soon and too much for what they were on day 1 no less. 

The draft has yet to be determined. We had so many holes just being able to field a team was going to be difficult. There are definitely things I would have done differently, Slater, a C and Trey Smith, but you never know how things are going to fall once the season starts. Hell, Marshall could be the next Randy Moss but it doesn't matter if he never gets the opportunity. 

Rhule is on a much shorter leash for me and his off-season I give an F, and in season I won't even give a participation trophy. 

15 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Saying Rhule makes finals decisions nullifys even hiring Fitt in the first place and pretty much excuses him from any bad decisions. Nobody was saying this when were 3-0. Stop the BS.  We should just get rid of him now if he has no say and is just a Yes man and also he is far from the best GM we ever had if this is his role.  

Anyone that had any criticism or debate the first 3 weeks was slapped down by 'we are winning'. It was complete mob rule until the Dallas game.

This offseason was terrible. Even with Rhule being #1, there remains a ton of doubt about Fritts at this time.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

"Bid against ourselves and paid a kings ransom for Sam Darnold"

Dude a 2nd round pick is not a kings ransom.  So no.

I know Darnold isn't panning out but taking a gamble for only a 2nd instead of a 1st or mor, is fine. He took the gamble and it was going to go two ways man. It works or it doesn't. Unfortunately for us it did not work out. 

Everything else is on point at least. Fitterer is doing a wonderful job, getting Rhule players he wants, this is more on Rhule than Fitt. 

Considering a better QB in Minshew was traded for a 6th round pick, yeah what we traded was a relative king's ransom given the caliber of player we were getting in return. This brain trust seems to put way too much emphasis on a veteran player's draft position years ago. Oh, Darnold was a top three pick. Oh, Erving was a former 1st rounder. Who gives AF that some other team made a terrible mistake? Using that mistake to justify or at best attempt to sell your own terrible mistake is a pretty awful look.

• Beer 2

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Considering a better QB in Minshew was traded for a 6th round pick, yeah what we traded was a relative king's ransom given the caliber of player we were getting in return. This brain trust seems to out way too much emphasis on a veteran player's draft position years ago. Oh, Darnold was a top three pick. Oh, Erving was a former 1st rounder. Who gives AF that some other team made a terrible mistake. Using that mistake to justify or at best attempt to sell your own terrible mistake is a pretty awful look.

Believe me i wanted Minshew, but for whatever reason they did not want him. Why? I have no idea, theoretically giving up a 5th for Minshew and keeping that 2nd for the future would have been ideal but again, hindsight man. If Minshew didn't pan out, well you still have your higher round picks. 

My point was, he said Kings ransom, that's not really what we paid, it was a hefty price, but not a kings ransom. 

1 minute ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Believe me i wanted Minshew, but for whatever reason they did not want him. Why? I have no idea, theoretically giving up a 5th for Minshew and keeping that 2nd for the future would have been ideal but again, hindsight man. If Minshew didn't pan out, well you still have your higher round picks. 

My point was, he said Kings ransom, that's not really what we paid, it was a hefty price, but not a kings ransom. 

"King's ransom" is relative. If you pay $40k for a rusted out POS vehicle then you paid a king's ransom relative to what you got. Yeah, that's a paltry sum compared to a Bentley but you still way overpaid. We basically paid $40k for a rusted out POS with a blown engine that was headed for the crusher.

• Flames 2