• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Your starting Quarterback of the Carolina Panthers….PJ Walker

CashNewton22

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

If he can just give the team some spark, that would be enough. None of us have illusions of being a winning team this season. Just go down fighting and competitive, like last season.

Now hoping he turns into Vick out of nowhere.
One thing I'm paying close attention to is where the WRs are and where they are going on the pass plays.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Now hoping he turns into Vick out of nowhere.
One thing I'm paying close attention to is where the WRs are and where they are going on the pass plays.

If he can just hit 20% of the open players, it will be a MASSIVE upgrade from Darnold. I am not sure I can ever recall seeing more open WR's in an offense that are just simply not seen. Sam Darnold is 100% the worst QB we have ever had at seeing the field. The only one that might even be in the discussion is probably Jeff Lewis. 

It has to be INSANELY frustrating to watch film every week and see these players being schemed open and the QB simply not going through his progressions at all or reading the field. 

If you have All 22, just go play by play and watch some of this poo. Honestly, the worst case has literally been the Huddle's new whipping boy, Robby Anderson. Go watch how often he is wide open in a game. It's insane. 

Darnold is gonna be one of those guys that in a few years people are going to speak their minds a lot more about that situation and I think you are going to hear how bad he was at playing QB. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

I'm not as down on PJ as others.  He'd always had the best arm on the roster since he's been here, and has also always been the most athletic QB we have as well considering his elusiveness and scrambling/playmaking ability.  The only consistent issue I've seen with him is his decision making, especially in the redzone, and that is a HUGE issue, but as a result of coaching, or more like a lack of it, that has been an issue for every QB here the last two years - which is why I thought he should've been starting.

So, here's to hoping he can chuck some deep bombs for TDs.😂 

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

I'm not as down on PJ as others.  He'd always had the best arm on the roster since he's been here, and has also always been the most athletic QB we have as well considering his elusiveness and scrambling/playmaking ability.  The only consistent issue I've seen with him is his decision making, especially in the redzone, and that is a HUGE issue, but as a result of coaching, or more like a lack of it, that has been an issue for every QB here the last two years - which is why I thought he should've been starting.

So, here's to hoping he can chuck some deep bombs for TDs.😂 

He's also even smaller than his listed height/weight so that is another issue he has. He's listed at 5'11" and is 5'10" or smaller in reality. That plays a role, if he was taller he'd be better in the pocket but may as well have him move out as this isn't' the pocket you wanna be anywhere near anyways.

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

If he can just hit 20% of the open players, it will be a MASSIVE upgrade from Darnold. I am not sure I can ever recall seeing more open WR's in an offense that are just simply not seen. Sam Darnold is 100% the worst QB we have ever had at seeing the field. The only one that might even be in the discussion is probably Jeff Lewis. 

It has to be INSANELY frustrating to watch film every week and see these players being schemed open and the QB simply not going through his progressions at all or reading the field. 

If you have All 22, just go play by play and watch some of this poo. Honestly, the worst case has literally been the Huddle's new whipping boy, Robby Anderson. Go watch how often he is wide open in a game. It's insane. 

Darnold is gonna be one of those guys that in a few years people are going to speak their minds a lot more about that situation and I think you are going to hear how bad he was at playing QB. 

This needs to be a thread in its own right. Everybody is screaming for Brady's head and one guy said in another thread that the offense has been figured out followed by Brady will get to stay because Rhule doesn't fire assistants. Both of our two best receivers had good years last year and that was with Teddy. Brady has scaled back for Darnold's slow processing ass, but people are still getting open. He is blatantly missing them and this is routinely happening when he has time in the pocket. I'd bet our line would look even better if he wasn't back there making a simple crossing route combined with a post Chinese arithmetic! He held that shite so long on McCafferey's wheel route up the seam Sunday that I immediately started rubbing my temples. 

People need to quit acting like Brady and Robbie Anderson are the problems here. 

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

This needs to be a thread in its own right. Everybody is screaming for Brady's head and one guy said in another thread that the offense has been figured out followed by Brady will get to stay because Rhule doesn't fire assistants. Both of our two best receivers had good years last year and that was with Teddy. Brady has scaled back for Darnold's slow processing ass, but people are still getting open. He is blatantly missing them and this is routinely happening when he has time in the pocket. I'd bet our line would look even better if he wasn't back there making a simple crossing route combined with a post Chinese arithmetic! He held that shite so long on McCafferey's wheel route up the seam Sunday that I immediately started rubbing my temples. 

People need to quit acting like Brady and Robbie Anderson are the problems here. 

Brady and Robby have their own issues but this is so obviously predominantly Darnold. How many times do you see him bail after one read and start rolling out while his 2md or 3rd read is wide open? It happens way too often. 

The coaches have basically been telegraphing the fact that he cannot be trusted for 3 weeks now. All that "running the ball more" and all that other BS, that was them admitting they had to take the ball out of his hands.

My ultimate guess is that Brady and Rhule are paring down and simplifying the playcalling to make things easier on Darnold to get him going. Then he is just further fuging it up.

That dude just does not have any NFL abilities between his ears. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1