• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Return to the read option?

TheMaulClaw

With Cam back and our still bad Oline opt....I think you have too bring back our reqd option offense with QB1.  Dust off the pre Joe Brady playbook, and let Cam and CMC play ball.

We can't expect Cam to start quickly unless we bring back what him and some of the other guys already know.

It would be wrong to expect to jam Cam in the Darnold offense.

We've already seen elements of it with Sam. I'd assume that would at least continue, if not with some extra wrinkles as well. 

That said I assume the team will be cognizant of what brought Cam here in the first place: injuries. Getting Cam hurt accomplishes nothing, so hopefully they're smart enough to not go full Rivera and adopt an all-option running game.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, TheMaulClaw said:

With Cam back and our still bad Oline opt....I think you have too bring back our reqd option offense with QB1.  Dust off the pre Joe Brady playbook, and let Cam and CMC play ball.

We can't expect Cam to start quickly unless we bring back what him and some of the other guys already know.

It would be wrong to expect to jam Cam in the Darnold offense.

I don't think it's that simple. The rest of the guys all know Brady's offense. Cam will need to learn that offense. Brady is gonna need to really earn his keep to quickly adapt to Cams style and coach him up in the scheme.

We've already seen some option offense with Darnold... I'd expect much more with Cam.

5 minutes ago, KSpan said:

We've already seen elements of it with Sam. I'd assume that would at least continue, if not with some extra wrinkles as well. 

That said I assume the team will be cognizant of what brought Cam here in the first place: injuries. Getting Cam hurt accomplishes nothing, so hopefully they're smart enough to not go full Rivera and adopt an all-option running game.

Dunno about that bro.

This is the same coaching staff that saw pieces of Darnold's brains being pushed back into his head on the sideline, and a shoulder that was kept together with bubble gum and Band-Aids but was miraculously cleared to play a few days before the game.

I don't really trust this coaching staff with those decisions as much after witnessing that.  

7 minutes ago, cardiackat88. said:

Dunno about that bro.

This is the same coaching staff that saw pieces of Darnold's brains being pushed back into his head on the sideline, and a shoulder that was kept together with bubble gum and Band-Aids but was miraculously cleared to play a few days before the game.

I don't really trust this coaching staff with those decisions as much after witnessing that.  

I'm giving points for the fact that they even signed Cam being an indicator of things changing. Maybe that ends up not being the case but a guy can hope.