• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where was Gilmore?

Luciu5

1 hour ago, t96 said:

Agree to disagree, I think Donte has played every bit as well as Gilmore. Different style players but both have similar value on the field. Either way we better keep one of them mid/long term to pair with Horn. Don't think we can afford both unfortunately. I think Donte pairs with Horn better and he's younger but Gilmore may come cheaper because of the age factor. Will be an interesting decision. Maybe Fitt can make magic happen and keep both, Gilmore shorter term.

Lot of people selling Donte short.

I'd be shocked if he didn't get $15M on the open market. He has been incredible.

Not saying Gilmore hasn't been awesome bc he's been as good as advertised, but Donte deserves his flowers too.

If we make the playoffs and Horn can return, we will have the best CB group in the league unquestioned.

Hell we probably do now with as well as Bouye and Taylor are playing

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Seltzer said:

Lot of people selling Donte short.

I'd be shocked if he didn't get $15M on the open market. He has been incredible.

Not saying Gilmore hasn't been awesome bc he's been as good as advertised, but Donte deserves his flowers too.

If we make the playoffs and Horn can return, we will have the best CB group in the league unquestioned.

Hell we probably do now with as well as Bouye and Taylor are playing

Paying Sam 18 million next season is gonna leave a couple good players out, Donte should get paid but I doubt we can fit it in our cap

As well as Gilmore has played, I don't see how we keep him.  He's going to want megabux next year.  That's a problem since he is probably at the point where he's soon to be in decline.  I would much rather see us keep a guy like Donte who isn't likely to be in decline in the next three years.

Honestly, the entire secondary played well.  This is a fact difficult to argue when the opposing team has less than 150 yards passing.

I’m hoping Stephon’s wife talks him into taking a hometown discount. I think you have to let djax walk which sucks but Keith Taylor has shutdown traits, with horn, cj Taylor and then signing Gilmore I don’t see room for him with how much he’s gonna get and the players we need to sign like reddick and possibly cam. Next year and the one after we need to focus on oline and future qb to learn under cam if he’s back.

8 hours ago, CRA said:

Gilmore got back on and played in the 2nd half.  

you probably didn’t notice him because he was erasing people from existing.  Green had 1 catch for 4 yards.   Weak QBs for the most part just aren’t going to tempt fate by throwing his way much. 

I don’t think most of us realize it yet.  Best player on the field might not actually be CMC.  

This x100

8 hours ago, t96 said:

Agree to disagree, I think Donte has played every bit as well as Gilmore. Different style players but both have similar value on the field. Either way we better keep one of them mid/long term to pair with Horn. Don't think we can afford both unfortunately. I think Donte pairs with Horn better and he's younger but Gilmore may come cheaper because of the age factor. Will be an interesting decision. Maybe Fitt can make magic happen and keep both, Gilmore shorter term.

Saying Gilmore is better than Jackson isn’t being disrespectful to Jackson.  Nor is it not appreciating his season this year.  

You gotta face Aaron Rodgers and put someone on Devante Adams one on one for a game? Who would you want? 

2 hours ago, CRA said:

Saying Gilmore is better than Jackson isn’t being disrespectful to Jackson.  Nor is it not appreciating his season this year.  

You gotta face Aaron Rodgers and put someone on Devante Adams one on one for a game? Who would you want? 

"Gilmore is on another planet compared to Jackson."

That's pretty disrespectful and in my opinion just not even close to being true. I really like Gilmore, he's been great. Maybe I'd put him on Adams but it's not as clear cut as you think and I'd be 100% comfortable putting Jackson on him.

Also, again, their styles are a bit different. I'd put Jackson on Godwin over Gilmore but would put Gilmore on Evans over Jackson. Jackson is a bit shiftier/quicker and can stay with the smaller shiftier receivers better. Gilmore bigger and more physical and has the more technical aspects of the game down better when going against receivers who win on size and/or route running rather than speed and shiftiness. I'm happy to have both and they are very much on the same "planet."