• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Offensive Line Grades

Zod

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The impact of an massive infusion of hope. This team has grown apathetic. They knew they were going nowhere with Darnold at QB.

Amazing how Cam just even being on the same sideline makes everyone on the team play better. The team is believing again. You could just tell everyone had given up on Sam.

• Beer 1

48 minutes ago, BlackPanther21_ said:

Amazing how Cam just even being on the same sideline makes everyone on the team play better. The team is believing again. You could just tell everyone had given up on Sam.

Cam has more confidence in himself and gets ticked when he (or something) screws up. He is 6'5 and 240 something pounds and makes a heck of an impression. He is always talking things up and when opponents talk smack to him or the team he responds in kind. Its a different kind of leadership than Sam's quiet lead by example (especially when the example is screwing up) that people can get behind. He is not perfect and has some character traits that may not be boy-scout quality, but football isn't about earning badges. Its about imposing your will on and physically bettering grown men (many of which are Nasty MFS). So Cam's better than anything else we have or anything else that's available right now for those reasons IMO.

Edited by Michael G
  • Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Michael G said:

He is 6'5 and 240 something pounds and makes a heck of an impression. 

There was an interesting shot toward the end of the game yesterday with Cam on the sidelines hugging teammates while the clock was running down.  You hear how big he is all the time, right?  But he's hugging teammates and he hugs this guy who is a good 4-5 inches shorter than he was and you're thinking, that's a big man right there.

Then you realize the guy he just hugged was Shaq Thompson.

Now I've met Shaq.  Shaq is not a small man.  He's a big dude.  But damn.  Cam?  Whew.

• Pie 2

I'm "whatever" when it comes to PFF. I like it as a measuring stick, but not as the gospel...I prefer the eye test.

IMO, Elflein at C might be a decent move, moving forward. Still lots of time to figure it out, but if Moton does his thing and Elflein does his at C, I'd trust Christensen/Jordan at guard and adding a LT in the first round this year. 

It won't be confused with the Cowboys Oline, but pretty solid, IMO.

• Pie 1