• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Attending my first game in BOA in 18 years. Anything I (or new attendees) should know?

EgoDogg

A little bit of background. I live in Pennsylvania, and I haven't been able to make it down to Charlotte since the 2003 season for a game. I've been to plenty up here (Jets, Giants, Eagles), but it's been tough to make the trip.

My wife & I have been planning to get down to the Research Triangle sometime this fall to scout the area & maybe check out a game, as we're fairly sure we'll be moving there in the next year or so. The plan was November 7th to see Cam (and the Pats) vs the Panthers. Circumstances prevented that date from working out (mother-in-law had something come up), so that date fell through. Only other feasible game we could make the trip for was the Washington game & Rivera's return. Not a bad consolation prize.

Welp, discussions to make the trip for the November 21st game / weekend started to pick up. Mother-in-law is available to babysit (we have a 1 & 3 year old), so we just needed to figure out the logistics.

Thursday morning rolled around, and we all know what happened. The second that signing was done, I was already checking out on Ticketmaster (wanted to beat the inflation). Flights & transportation were taken care of that night.

So, the agenda is as follows:

• Fly to Charlotte Friday (arrive at 8:15 AM), pick up rental car and drive over the Raleigh and be there by noon.
  • Friday + Saturday = Get our fill of Raleigh & the surrounding areas as much as humanly possible. Drive to Charlotte Saturday night.
  • Sunday:
    Morning = TBD
    Afternoon = Game
    Evening = TBD, return car, flight to return home at 9 PM (Options were 4:50 PM or 9 PM flight)

Seats:
Section 133, Row 3

TLDR:
Stars aligned, going to my first game in Charlotte in 18 years. What do you recommend doing / checking out on gameday? Before the game? Tailgating spots? Stadium stuff, etc? Plus, after game suggestions are great.

Bonus points:
If you have any suggestions on things / areas to check out in the research triangle as we're not 100% settled on where we want to move within it. Trails, restaurants, breakfast places, neighborhoods, etc.

Thanks to anybody who can lend some advice and help us get the most out of this trip as possible. And without further ado, KEEP POUDING!

• Beer 8

If you want to really see and visit somewhere historic and divine - you won’t be able to find a better way to spend your time and money than visiting the Carolina basketball museum in Chapel Hill. Fun for the entire family. Come learn and experience the holy grail of college basketball. 

• Pie 4
  • Poo 2

Just now, 4Corners said:

If you want to really see and visit somewhere historic and divine - you won’t be able to find a better way to spend your time and money than visiting the Carolina basketball museum in Chapel Hill. Fun for the entire family. Come learn and experience the holy grail of college basketball. 

I'm a Tarheel fan through and through. So that's definitely something we'll definitely check out at some point (not during this trip). But this trip is to check out neighborhoods, everyday stuff / less touristy. We're not big city people. We wouldn't want to live in one, but we'd enjoy doing things in the city, if that makes sense. This was much more helpful, thank you.

14 minutes ago, EgoDogg said:

I'm a Tarheel fan through and through. So that's definitely something we'll definitely check out at some point (not during this trip). But this trip is to check out neighborhoods, everyday stuff / less touristy. We're not big city people. We wouldn't want to live in one, but we'd enjoy doing things in the city, if that makes sense. This was much more helpful, thank you.

Ignore him, his entire world revolves around Chapel Hill.  Raleigh is a nice area.  Lots of young professionals and a thriving area.  I will agree to stay away from Durham though and it has nothing to do with the Blue Devils.

• Pie 4