• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Too many problems to find one solution

TheoJay10

Our problems exceed a quick fix. We thought Cam might be that but unfortunately the staffs inconsistencies, bad game planning and our OL reared their ugly heads. We need accountability. The staff tried to scapegoat Darnold. Rhule would be ultimate accountability and would take Fitterer being the favorite of Teppers to initiate. Fitterer wanting his own guy could be a blessing in disguise for us. Who knows if he does. Realistically we will probably see a coordinator be let go of and then next year really have the opportunity to boom or bust. Only time will tell, but like Igo said things are not well at all on Mint St. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 2

4 minutes ago, TheoJay10 said:

Did you guys not read what I said they tried to scapegoat him and mask their problems. They did the same with Teddy . Neither are the answer but also weren’t the main problem. Some of you all are as inept as the staff. Jesus. 

They were terrible. They weren't scapegoated, we just moved on from terrible players. 

1 minute ago, TheoJay10 said:

Did you guys not read what I said they tried to scapegoat him and mask their problems. They did the same with Teddy . Neither are the answer but also weren’t the main problem. Some of you all are as inept as the staff. Jesus. 

Coming to the realization that Darnold was holding the offense back, is not scapegoating, it was the truth.

Now as far as Rhule's coaching goes that's another topic. 

The defense laid a egg today, and Heinicke played the game of his life. Even with all that we still had a shot because of Cam. I believe in this defense and think next week they will have a much better showing. 

If I fuging hear one more fugen defensive player say "this isnt who we are", Im gonna fuging lose my poo, just heard it on the post game show and Im fuging livid.  APPARENTLY THIS IS WHO YOU fuging ARE!  WEAK SOFT PUSSY DEFENSIVE TEAM WHO CANT PLAY WHEN SOMEONE PUNCHES YOU IN THE MOUTH!  EITHER fuging PROVE US WRONG OR SHUT THE fug UP WITH THIS "NOT WHO WE ARE" BULLSHIT!

• Beer 1

8 hours ago, Carolina Cajun said:

If I fuging hear one more fugen defensive player say "this isnt who we are", Im gonna fuging lose my poo, just heard it on the post game show and Im fuging livid.  APPARENTLY THIS IS WHO YOU fuging ARE!  WEAK SOFT PUSSY DEFENSIVE TEAM WHO CANT PLAY WHEN SOMEONE PUNCHES YOU IN THE MOUTH!  EITHER fuging PROVE US WRONG OR SHUT THE fug UP WITH THIS "NOT WHO WE ARE" BULLSHIT!

This team doesn't deserve anger.

They deserve disinterested apathy until they prove they are finally sick and tired of mediocrity and become better than that.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

17 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

They were terrible. They weren't scapegoated, we just moved on from terrible players. 

You seem like a smart guy. Some what of an ass but decently coherent. If someone is bad doesn’t it make it easier to scapegoat them? If I’m turn ALL the blame is put in them that will make people overlook other problems that could be worse than what the scapegoat is causing. Sam Darnold and Teddy Bridgewater were never the biggest problems, but the staff sure has played it that way with replacing them. That doesn’t take away from the fact that they are bad but they were never the sole reason for the Panthers failures under Rhule. 

10 minutes ago, TheoJay10 said:

You seem like a smart guy. Some what of an ass but decently coherent. If someone is bad doesn’t it make it easier to scapegoat them? If I’m turn ALL the blame is put in them that will make people overlook other problems that could be worse than what the scapegoat is causing. Sam Darnold and Teddy Bridgewater were never the biggest problems, but the staff sure has played it that way with replacing them. That doesn’t take away from the fact that they are bad but they were never the sole reason for the Panthers failures under Rhule. 

So in this viewpoint, is it ever possible to move on from a bad player without "scapegoating" them.

Teddy Two-Gloves wasn't the biggest problem.

Sam Darnold WAS and this is coming from someone who followed him here from NY.

It came to a point where the team had no shot at all of winning football games BECAUSE of Sam being the QB.

Thus, he was "scapegoated" because he played like a goat (baaa!).

Edited by glenwo2