• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thinking about the rest of the schedule

JawnyBlaze

I think today pretty clearly defined our Achilles heel: power running teams. So I was thinking about who we have left and how it affects our chances at the playoffs. I know nobody wants to think about that right now after a loss and the board is all doom and gloom, but the truth of the matter is we have no more power run teams on our schedule. The closest thing to it is the Bucs, and they were always going to be a tough game anyway. The Bills are still obviously a better team too, but the fact of the matter is we still improved exponentially at the QB position and our defense is still elite against other types of offenses. I can’t see the Dolphins, Falcons or Saints having a chance against us (disclaimer: I obviously thought the same thing about the WFT) and the only teams we could possibly be facing in the playoffs that could give us troubles as far as power running goes is probably the Cowboys. 

If the offense can continue to get in synch and we pull off an upset or two in the three games vs the Bills and Bucs we could still squeak into the playoffs and make some noise against any team except probably the Cowboys. And we even played them tough with Darnold at QB. And by then we could have Horn back. Anything is possible, I never would have pegged the Bucs getting hot (and ref assistance) at the right time and winning last year. They didn’t look that good in the regular season.  I still have a sliver of hope. 

• Pie 1

Just now, TheRumGone said:

Tbf we thought we’d get destroyed by the cardinals and beat the wft..

so we’re pretty much where we thought we’d be record wise. I just don’t trust this coaching staff to think we’re gonna get in.

Na were not because we also thought we'd beat the Giants and Eagles.

Just now, Fox007 said:

Na were not because we also thought we'd beat the Giants and Eagles.

I meant after cam was signed. The thought was mark the cardinals down as a loss. We’ll have to win the next 2, beat the saints and pull one out of the bills and Bucs x2. 9 wins was kind of what ppl thought it would take to get in.

7 minutes ago, Camp Fodder said:

Nope losing today in my opinion ensures no playoffs. Figure 10 wins is needed to get in

Vikings and Eagles both won and have the tie breakers over us, they would have to both completely fall apart. I'd rather miss the playoffs and get some real coordinators on the team, we have all the talent we need on the field

Just now, TheRumGone said:

I meant after cam was signed. The thought was mark the cardinals down as a loss. We’ll have to win the next 2, beat the saints and pull one out of the bills and Bucs x2. 9 wins was kind of what ppl thought it would take to get in.

Oh well poo yea we didn't expect or at least didn't want the QB to start finger painting with his diarrhea. But a lot of people are now rightfully having a hard time coming to grips with having let Cam go in the first place as you can imagine this team with Cam from the start of the season and we don't lose those games and honestly would be sitting at 9-2 at worst.

• Pie 2

We need to be smarter about match up football. Yes, Burns and Reddick are very good pass rushers. But against teams who have the game plan and ability to cram the ball down our throats, Gross-Matos and Fox probably need to be our base DEs with Burns and Reddick used more strategically as situational pass rushers. I'm not saying take them out of the game, but basically those guys should probably be pretty much splitting snaps with Gross-Matos and Fox in those match ups.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Vikings and Eagles both won and have the tie breakers over us, they would have to both completely fall apart. I'd rather miss the playoffs and get some real coordinators on the team, we have all the talent we need on the field

I'm ready to replace both coordinators.

Because I'm ready to fire Matt Rhule barring a dramatic turnaround.

12 minutes ago, Camp Fodder said:

Nope losing today in my opinion ensures no playoffs. Figure 10 wins is needed to get in

Not with the extra game this year. I think 9-8 is the likely floor and I'm not sure it won't be possible for an 8-9 team to sneak in under the right set of circumstances.

We need to beat MIA, ATL, NO, and win one of the TB/BUF/TB games and we can absolutely still get in.

It's entirely possible that the Bucs have clinched everything they can by week 18 and end up resting their starters, too.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Oh well poo yea we didn't expect or at least didn't want the QB to start finger painting with his diarrhea. But a lot of people are now rightfully having a hard time coming to grips with having let Cam go in the first place as you can imagine this team with Cam from the start of the season and we don't lose those games and honestly would be sitting at 9-2 at worst.

This is the knife that cuts the deepest right here.

One can only wonder where we’d be if we had Cam since week one.

Just now, MillionDollarCam said:

This is the knife that cuts the deepest right here.

One can only wonder where we’d be if we had Cam since week one.

Yea and now we have a lot of sunk cost in actual cap space and draft picks at the position that was there all along. Some of it its hindsight but you could argue that most of it isn't so the judgement of this can fairly be as harsh as you'd like to be.

• Pie 2