• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just listened to every player and coach post game and Monday presser...

TheCasillas

Rhule handpicked Brady. These issues with situational playcalling didn't just come up this week. He can't go to his oc and tell him "okay no more of that this is what we are going to do here are some pointers"? I'm not on the fire Rhule train but the first season we heard quite a bit about how they share a philosophy. If there is an issue correct it and if your coordinator can't or won't why is he still here? Some of this reasoning sounds like the days of Ron Rivera throwing his own coordinators under the bus. In the end the buck stops with the head honcho and that isn't Brady.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2

The Oline coach should be fired. Let's see what anyone else can do with that mess. 

Bye Jackson, not the leader we hoped for and in no way do I want to see a big contract go that way. Yesterday was only one game if you discount the 3 years before.

Brady better pick it up or it's sounding like he is going to be the sacrifice to Tepper going into year three. Still, it wasn't the Offense that lost that game and Rhule has spent two year building up a D that crumbled when the O was putting points on the board...

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Still, it wasn't the Offense that lost that game and Rhule has spent two year building up a D that crumbled when the O was putting points on the board...

In the presser Rhule brought this up as well... he started with the D and mentioned our offense still needs to convert on third downs and not commit penalties that kill drives. He is right... our 3rd conversion rate was abysmal. If we can convert on 25% more than we did, then takes at least one posession away from WFT. Maybe even before the half ends where they ended with a TD. 

We have to keep the ball away from the opposing team, and put them into a one dimensional situation.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

Did anyone there ask Rhule about having to burn a timeout because we were about to punt the game away at the end? We can drone on about Joe Brady or the defense or the oline but stuff like that still happening at this stage is not a good look at all.

RE: Thought process on 4th down late in 4th quarter

Analytically, you should punt that ball. You still have three timeouts. Started to go punt the ball and then just because Cam [Newton] doesn't truly know the two-minute as well as maybe you would like. I said hey, I have Christian McCaffrey.

They haven't stopped him all day. Let's take a shot at it. Still knew I had the two-minute warning and knew kind of like how it played out in the end where you get the ball back with a minute and a half if we needed to go down and score a touchdown. First started going with probably what is traditionally football wise what you should do then just said, hey, lets give these guys a shot to go make a play.

I thought they would make the play. We made it. We just came up half of a yard short.

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 2

Just now, hepcat said:

At this point what is the harm in firing Brady and letting Sean Ryan run the offense? Cam has spoken highly of him so far. Cam knows a bunch of plays he's run over the years. Build the offense on the brains of Cam and Sean Ryan.

I am climbing into this boat as well... I honestly would like to see what Sean Ryan could do. At the same time, we have just been through so much turnover this year... It's a tough one to consider.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, Waldo said:

The Oline coach should be fired. Let's see what anyone else can do with that mess. 

Bye Jackson, not the leader we hoped for and in no way do I want to see a big contract go that way. Yesterday was only one game if you discount the 3 years before.

Brady better pick it up or it's sounding like he is going to be the sacrifice to Tepper going into year three. Still, it wasn't the Offense that lost that game and Rhule has spent two year building up a D that crumbled when the O was putting points on the board...

I agree, we couldn't get off the field, but you can't say our O was putting points up.  21 points is terrible.  It's below average for the league.  24.5 is average, 26.5 gets you into the top 10.

Our offense had MULTIPLE chances to win that game in the final six minutes, and we failed TWICE!  The defense got a poo sandwich because the offense turned it over at our 32, and they held to a FG and gave the offense two minutes to win.

• Beer 2