• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Keep Fitterer and Morgan

NAS

1 hour ago, NAS said:

While I want us to clean house and start the rebuild again on the front office side, I want Tepper to keep Fitterer and Morgan and allow them significant input in selecting the next coach, and to have final say over the roster.  

Many will blame Fitt for signing Darnold or picking up the 5th year option, but I strongly believe those were Rhule and Brady decisions and Fitterer just did his best to make it happen.  

From everything I've seen he's good at what he does and should be kept around along with Dan Morgan.

Do we agree on this? 

This - couldn't have said it better. 

I think Rhule didn't want any of the QBs in the draft not named Lawrence and pushed hard for Darnold and with nothing else to fall back on Fitts had to go out and do what he did.

The other deals he has made have looked pretty good.  I know the running joke is we only trade or go after DBs, but I still think Henderson will work out and Gilmore could be really important if we can get him to stick around.

Edited by Rocky Davis

7 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Nope, to top the poo salad here Rhule has final say on picks and roster additions. He has that much power for a nobody new NFL head coach. It really was that poo of a move by Tepper.

And Fritts is the finger pupet that participated. He is a GM that's qualified to be under an under qualified HC.

We can do better and his evaluations and values are very questionable.

Just the Sam deal is enough justification to fire him. Terrible.

• Poo 1

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

And Fritts is the finger pupet that participated. He is a GM that's qualified to be under an under qualified HC.

Sam deal was in the works even last year from my understanding so you can't put it all on Fit.

This is a purely a coaching issue and not so much a talent/scouting/roster issue.  Fitts and Morgan should stay.  Rhule's entire coaching staff needs to be run out of town.  Fitts has made a few mistakes, but overall he has put players on this team in an effort to win.  This roster is not void of talent.   GMs bring in the talent and the COACHES figure out the best way to use those players, motivate those players and improve those players.  That's called coaching.

I would not have given Anderson his deal and would not have traded for Henderson.  The Gilmore pick up was nice, taking a flyer on Darnold I didn't mind.  You almost had to do the 5th year option to signify you have the guy's back.  It's one year.  Even bringing back Cam to patch things up even it's in the short-term I thought was an positive move.

Again, Fitts/Morgan keep giving Rhule the tools to succeed. Rhule & staff are just out of their depth and seemingly are content on using a pipe wrench to tighten a lose screw.

8 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Sam deal was in the works even last year from my understanding so you can't put it all on Fit.

What? 

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

I would not have given Anderson his deal and would not have traded for Henderson.  The Gilmore pick up was nice, taking a flyer on Darnold I didn't mind.  You almost had to do the 5th year option to signify you have the guy's back.  It's one year.  Even bringing back Cam to patch things up even it's in the short-term I thought was an positive move.

Again, Fitts/Morgan keep giving Rhule the tools to succeed. Rhule & staff are just out of their depth and seemingly are content on using a pipe wrench to tighten a lose screw.

You think giving a player 19M to “feel better” is OK? 

16 minutes ago, Waldo said:

The Sam deal is still 100% Rhule and his staff he done said it himself I mean its not a debate here...

They were watching tape and Phil Snow made the suggestion to get Sam and Rhule made it happen. Our Gm is like the GM in Seattle...means nothing when the HC has all the power.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Fox007 said:

The Sam deal is still 100% Rhule and his staff he done said it himself I mean its not a debate here...

They were watching tape and Phil Snow made the suggestion to get Sam and Rhule made it happen. Our Gm is like the GM in Seattle...means nothing when the HC has all the power.

And Fritts still traded away the farm. Yes it was not a solo effort but he played a big role in it. He is the fugging GM, he cant hide from the massive failures he participated in this offseason.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, Scott12345 said:

Fitt did trade players & multiple picks for Sam & Henderson...not looking real good now...

Sam I didn't mind, he had success until the offense had a rash of injuries and teams figured out Brady's offense.  Is he broken now?  Perhaps, but some of that was his limitations and most of it was this staff.  You did witness Cam's 5.8 QBR yesterday, correct?  It's safe to say that most QBS would struggle here.

The Henderson move was the one of those I didn't agree with.  Dude had red flags everywhere and we still made the move.  How much of that was the coaching staff in utter panic when Horn got injured and how much was that was on Fitts?  I'm not sure, but no font office is going to bat .1000.

I do pin the Anderson contract on Fitts, but again, I'll chalk one bad contract up as a loss as long as it isn't a trend, a la Marty Hurney.

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

And Fritts still traded away the farm. Yes it was not a solo effort but he played a big role in it. He is the fugging GM, he cant hide from the massive failures he participated in this offseason.

Because he has to duh. Otherwise he's not the GM here. The HC has the power here its that simple. He can say "uh no" then hes gone. Thats the stipulation and situation were at. Not hard to explain or understand.

Its not a situation where the GM goes out and makes a trade, comes back to the HC and is like "got you a QB!"

Edited by Fox007

16 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I never put it all on Fritts, he is just part of the problem.

We can and should do better. One is fact and the other is my opinion.