• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Staff options if Rhule stays...

Mr. Scot

I'd love for Ken Dorsey to come back here and be the OC. He already has a good relationship with Cam being his QB coach when he was here. He'd be the one to best be able to utilize Cam strengths as a passer and a runner. Especially with just how really hit or miss this QB class in the draft looks it's probably our best option to keep our current QB room and invest everything into the Oline and see if a new play caller can change things. 

50 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Here's hoping...

Sure is nice to have your solid input on things.  I'm with you that Rhule should go.  Reality is probably not.  I would like to keep Blackburn at special teams.  He's earned it.

Replacing Brady should be from the NFL and not college.  Actually all the coaches with NFL experience (significant experience is fine with me).

10 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Ok, that's a possibility but even with the GM search our options were not top shelf and the best one walked away before the end. 

With the lack of meaningful NFL ties, the massive need for NFL experience and the crap position we are finding ourselves in I'm just having a hard time believing this will end up in more than a lame duck year for a staff that can't keep their heads above water in the NFL. I'm also not sure firing Rhule changes some of that, we are not a desirable location in 2022 for a lot of reasons. 

Love the work sir, it just sounds like we need a half court shot from guys that can't make a layup with a flat ball. (Hope that fits because I no nothing about basketball)

Take Daboll, for example.

He could come here knowing he's got two solid allies in the front office.

• Beer 1

My concern about Pederson is that he has not proven successful without being under Andy Reid.  He has shown exactly one season of offensive success outside of an Andy Reid team:  2017 Philly.  That team just plain caught lightning in a bottle.  Otherwise, he's been average.

Now, average would be a step up for us, and maybe all we need, but that's what Pederson has been.

24 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

I mean really. This is for the whole season.

A69AD65D-C043-4F27-9FA8-C4152A9CF98F.jpeg

I'm not saying BC has been great against the eye test, but for heavens sake.  He owns the fourth best rating on our roster over the season, as a rookie, often playing out of position. 

Can the guy get some snaps without it being forced by another injury?

I swear I cannot understand this staff.  While I generally don't use PFF ratings as a bible, by this point in the season there is enough data to at least see general trends.  What I see here is that Taylor Moton has been pretty good.  Sam Tecklenburg, also pretty good.  Oh wait, we don't play him.

7 minutes ago, BrianS said:

My concern about Pederson is that he has not proven successful without being under Andy Reid.  He has shown exactly one season of offensive success outside of an Andy Reid team:  2017 Philly.  That team just plain caught lightning in a bottle.  Otherwise, he's been average.

Now, average would be a step up for us, and maybe all we need, but that's what Pederson has been.

Having read some deep behind the scenes articles on the Eagles, I'd consider the fact that he won anything there, much less a Super Bowl, borderline miraculous.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Having read some deep behind the scenes articles on the Eagles, I'd consider the fact that he won anything there, much less a Super Bowl, borderline miraculous.

That doesn't change the fact that he hasn't shown anything aside from his time on one of king Andy's teams.  And don't forget who the coordinator for that Super Bowl season was:  Frank Reich.  Pederson's team took a nose dive when Reich departed for Indy.  Coincidence?

Just now, BrianS said:

That doesn't change the fact that he hasn't shown anything aside from his time on one of king Andy's teams.  And don't forget who the coordinator for that Super Bowl season was:  Frank Reich.  Pederson's team took a nose dive when Reich departed for Indy.  Coincidence?

Part of what was going on there too was that the Eagles were insisting on dictating his coaching staff.

As far as the coincidence, I think it had a lot to do with Carson Wentz going down the tubes as much as anything. He's resurrecting his career now but for a while he looked just awful.

For the record, I always used to hope we'd get Reich.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Let's say Matt Rhule gets another year but is pressured to make changes on his staff. Who goes and who stays?

OC Joe Brady
TE Coach Brian Angelichio
OL Coach Pat Meyer
Pass Rush Coach Don Johnson    
ST Coach Chase Blackburn    

Nice writeup. I think Rhule gets year 3 barring him leaving for a top college gig. Recent examples of coaches popping in their 3rd years include Zac Taylor in Cincinnati and Kliff Kingsbury with the obvious difference being they both grabbed their QB in year 1.

I think Brady at minimum will move on although I'm not sure where; Brady doesn't seem like the college HC type. Brady has also seemed to hint that his long-term prospects in Charlotte are uncertain at best. I HOPE an experienced OC is brought in. I don't think Rhule has the leash to let another guy learn on the job.

Edited by Evil Hurney

33 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd prefer Hackett.

I'd be good with Daboll.

I'm expecting Rhule 😒

Yeah, I'm just trying to keep my anger down until we see these last few games. 

I don't know what Rhule has to do to justify a 3rd year, plenty of reasons to not have one. Tepper can't be happy with any of this. We will see.