• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Rhule gets fired, who are your favorite coaching candidates for next year?

Verge

I have a list of coaches I have my fingers crossed should it happen. Ranked in order of who I would want most.

Doug Pederson (Unemployed) (53)
Lovie Smith (DC Texans) (63)
Kellen Moore (OC Cowboys) (33)
Josh McDaniels (OC Patriots) (45)
Jerod Mayo (LB Coach Patriots) (35)
Mike LaFleur (OC Jets) (34)

No college coaches please, I want either a proven team guy (Smith, Pederson, Mayo) or an offensive wizard (Moore, Pederson, McDaniels, LaFleur). I do not care about age at this point. 

• Pie 3
  • Poo 2

McDaniels was my 2nd favorite last time.  The popular belief is he's going to ride out his OC gig in NE until Bill retires.  The only unknown is, how long is Bill planning on coaching?  If Bill plans on coaching another 5-10 years, I doubt McDaniels waits around that long.

Matt Eberflus. Top defensive coach on ascending team with a winning track record.  Has also experience transition between schemes.  Knows how to use the hybrid types.  

Prefer defensive oriented coaches with 10+ years NFL experience.  And wouldn't be a retread.

Honestly, if I'm getting what I want, I'd target Eberflus as HC w/ Pederson as the AHC/OC.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

I don't know about any of them specifically, but I know the profile for me is a young, aggressive, forward-thinking, offensive minded HC.  

I've been saying it the last two hires - please no more conservative, defensive-minded coaches.  Daboll is probably my favorite.  Lafleur is intriguing.

• Pie 3

26 minutes ago, thennek said:

Pederson is my vote: he has played in the NFL, coached in the NFL, and won in the NFL which includes a SuperBowl. After what we have seen the past 2-seasons, I want to see proven NFL experience. 

Pederson would actually make a great OC candidate if Rhule were to stay in place.

Not really sure Rhule would give him a look though.

15 minutes ago, saX man said:

Matt Eberflus. Top defensive coach on ascending team with a winning track record.  Has also experience transition between schemes.  Knows how to use the hybrid types.  

Prefer defensive oriented coaches with 10+ years NFL experience.  And wouldn't be a retread.

Honestly, if I'm getting what I want, I'd target Eberflus as HC w/ Pederson as the AHC/OC.

Sign me up for an Eberflus HC with Pederson at OC. They’d get this mess cleaned up right away.