• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Objective opinion

Snake

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Is there any way Rhule could pull this train wreck back on the tracks? I'm digging but imo the only way would be to hire both a NFL caliber OC and DC. Being that he doesn't know many I would suspect he would have to rely on Fitters to do this. Not very likely to happen but let's hear your ideas. Because what else we got at this point. 

Not no, but Hell no!

1 hour ago, jackson113 said:

DBs dropping interceptions, WRs dropping passes, penalties galore on the lines... Rhule hasn't even got the basics down...

Yes, I put a lot of that on coaching...

Panthers are currently 4th highest in the league for penalties.  That's definitely on coaching.

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/penalties.html

• Pie 1

I had high hopes for him when he came out. We forget that Rhule was a sought after coach and hot coaching candidate when we picked him up.  I liked the message he preached about rebuilding. So along with that comes patience as to build it up, as he has before takes a few seasons. I was willing to give him 3 or 4 seasons to be playoff ready. 

However the issue that I see is the confusion between WIN now and rebuilding. He started doing one, then changed to the other. 

I HATE moving on from coaches this quick but I think at this point we do need a refresh. Rhule is not the guy.  

• Pie 1

Rhule is obviously learning on the job.  The only way he's going to get better is by working with an experienced guy.  

Fitterer has been in the league over 20 years.  For half that time he worked with a well respected coach, Pete Carroll.  Could Fitterer be the one to help Rhule learn the ropes in the NFL ?

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Here's the issue. Put yourself in the shoes of good NFL coordinator candidates with other options. Are you really going to come to work for a guy who everyone knows will be on one of the hottest seats in the league next year (assuming we would retain Rhule here) with a massive question mark at QB and nearly the entire OL or would you go somewhere with more job security? Honestly, it kinda feels like you're just setting yourself up for failure. Which is why Rhule needs to be fired.

This 100%. At this point, there is no chance of landing a quality OC.

Have you ever seen a train wreck for real?

........picking up the pieces to putting this deal all back together with Rhule would be like trying to put together a life size puzzle of the Sistine Chapel blindfolded after Andre the Giant farted all the pieces out of his ass.

You might have a better chance putting the train back together. 

theres zero accountability, no consequences for playing bad.  Players literally do whatever the hell they want.  They constantly play out of position, dont stay in their gaps etc.  Thats on the coach.  The only one that has been held accountable for his mistakes, is the guy that was just tossed into the mix and told to learn a new offense, Cam.  Rhule is far too nice.  Dude needs to drop the fbomb in that locker room already.