• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bringing Cam back

pantherclaw

5 minutes ago, onmyown said:

a rookie can sit behind any lame duck QB…there is really no need for it to be Cam unless it’s for very little money and one year which I doubt cam will take. Dude is done and needs to accept a backup or retire. 

It's either that or Sam Darnold for 19 million. Take your pick 🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, onmyown said:

a rookie can sit behind any lame duck QB…there is really no need for it to be Cam unless it’s for very little money and one year which I doubt cam will take. Dude is done and needs to accept a backup or retire. 

Some folks can't accept the truth. Cam played exactly like he is now last season.... Half decent one week and terrible the next.  I get fans love him, but he is finished as a QB, he's not even a decent backup at this point. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

It's either that or Sam Darnold for 19 million. Take your pick 🤷‍♂️

unfortunately sam is already paid

and as much as people may hate to hear it Cam and his play and numbers looks a lot like Sam did…

but then again since the failures are mainly on the staff according to this forum that should make sense

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, BrianS said:

I would bring him back - so long as Rhule is NOT back.

It brings up a question.

I know there were a lot of folks who wanted the Panthers to keep Newton around at least for the final year of his contract. But now that we know just how bad Matt Rhule really is, I wonder how many would still say that would have been the best thing for him.

5 minutes ago, onmyown said:

unfortunately sam is already paid

and as much as people may hate to hear it Cam and his play and numbers looks a lot like Sam did…

but then again since the failures are mainly on the staff according to this forum that should make sense

Well yeah nobody thinks Cam is our franchise guy they just recognize the predicament we are in. Never should have signed Teddy definitely never should have made the Darnold trade but pickings and our resources are slim now.

13 minutes ago, frankw said:

Well yeah nobody thinks Cam is our franchise guy they just recognize the predicament we are in. Never should have signed Teddy definitely never should have made the Darnold trade but pickings and our resources are slim now.

Most times a proper reset requires a sacrifice to be made. The problem is, it never was. That doesn’t mean it won’t have to be. It means things won’t get better until they are.

Such as 2010 to get Cam. Tons of other examples.

This staff has tried their damndest to side step it and cheat their way out of it only to go deeper into a shitpile.

It MUST happen.

At this point, it’s rolling with Sam, spending not a dime or pick more, and look forward to 2023 with a poo ton of cap space, all the picks, and a new staff. That’s the sacrifice that needs to be done and should have been done 3 years prior.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 1

It was a waste of cap space ultimately. Not because Cam didn't help us but because by the time we brought him in we were well past the point of being saved. Compounding terrible decisions (Teddy, Sam) with bad decisions (Cam due to timing) has been our modus operandi at the QB position under this regime. The team actually thought Cam would make us a playoff team. And that is a flat out embarrassing lack of awareness from the organization. And with our season done now all the Cam signing did was waste more cap space on the QB position.

It was fun initially and I'm glad Cam came home but for the ultimate goal of building this team up to being a championship team, it was not a good move.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, t96 said:

It was a waste of cap space ultimately. Not because Cam didn't help us but because by the time we brought him in we were well past the point of being saved. Compounding terrible decisions (Teddy, Sam) with bad decisions (Cam due to timing) has been our modus operandi at the QB position under this regime. The team actually thought Cam would make us a playoff team. And that is a flat out embarrassing lack of awareness from the organization. And with our season done now all the Cam signing did was waste more cap space on the QB position.

It was fun initially and I'm glad Cam came home but for the ultimate goal of building this team up to being a championship team, it was not a good move.

Said it then...we should have ridden out with Kyle...let Cam walk, don't sign Teddy, and rebuild.

Instead, we cut Cam (correct), signed Teddy (incorrect), paid Teddy to leave (incorrect), traded for Sam (incorrect), then brought Cam back (incorrect).

Now we have sunk cost in Cam, Teddy, Sam, and whomever is starting/playing for us next season.

We are a dumb team, always have been.

1 hour ago, thefuzz said:

Said it then...we should have ridden out with Kyle...let Cam walk, don't sign Teddy, and rebuild.

Instead, we cut Cam (correct), signed Teddy (incorrect), paid Teddy to leave (incorrect), traded for Sam (incorrect), then brought Cam back (incorrect).

Now we have sunk cost in Cam, Teddy, Sam, and whomever is starting/playing for us next season.

Summed up nicely. 

1 hour ago, onmyown said:

Most times a proper reset requires a sacrifice to be made. The problem is, it never was. That doesn’t mean it won’t have to be. It means things won’t get better until they are.

Such as 2010 to get Cam. Tons of other examples.

This staff has tried their damndest to side step it and cheat their way out of it only to go deeper into a shitpile.

It MUST happen.

At this point, it’s rolling with Sam, spending not a dime or pick more, and look forward to 2023 with a poo ton of cap space, all the picks, and a new staff. That’s the sacrifice that needs to be done and should have been done 3 years prior.

But this FO can’t be trusted.  Reports are they tried to trade even more draft picks to Philly before bringing in Cam.  Even more draft picks gone.   They already essentially traded away our draft next year. 

Rhule needs to go.  New GM too. People started hyping him simply because he traded down.  Nothing about him says he is the guy to be part of a rebuilding effort IMO

1 hour ago, thefuzz said:

I can handle signing Teddy.  We just overpaid.  But he knew the O we wanted to install and covid gave us little time to get it up and running.  Keep him 2 years.  But you should of drafted Fields.   That’s at least a coherent rebuild plan.  Fields would have taken over this year.   Everything always aligned for us to do it the right way.   But Matt Rhule going to Matt Rhule.

20 minutes ago, CRA said:

I can handle signing Teddy.  We just overpaid.  But he knew the O we wanted to install and covid gave us little time to get it up and running.  Keep him 2 years.  But you should of drafted Fields.   That’s at least a coherent rebuild plan.  Fields would have taken over this year.   Everything always aligned for us to do it the right way.   But Matt Rhule going to Matt Rhule.

I'm not a Fields guy, but that's not the point here.

Rhule and Tepper preached one thing, and did the other.  Said the right things, acted differently.

I also disagree with Teddy being OK, but that's just me...we didn't have to try to win that first year, and yet we did.