• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

COVID Craziness

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, KillaCamNewton said:

Went to the Target on Metropolitan the other day and forgot my mask. I asked the lady at the front if they had extras. She said “no and you dont need it, people just might look at you weird but you can still come in”

at least she was honest

I live in Texas now and probably only about 30% of people still wear masks in places like the grocery store and Target.  Hell, I went to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra in concert last weekend and MAYBE 10% of the people there had on masks in a completely packed NBA stadium. 

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, KillaCamNewton said:

Went to the Target on Metropolitan the other day and forgot my mask. I asked the lady at the front if they had extras. She said “no and you dont need it, people just might look at you weird but you can still come in”

at least she was honest

That's what I mean. Most of your average citizens are over Covid. There's a smaller class of people who aren't and a larger class of "officials" who are interested in forcing the rest of us to live under their thumbs because they are the final authority on "health and safety."

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

31 minutes ago, joemac said:

Has there been one single instance of a COVID "super spreader" event this year since everything opened back up?  How many concerts and games of all sports happen on a weekly basis?  I have not heard one single instance of a mass of people getting sick by attending anything.  You would think it would happen with regularity. 

Kinda makes you think...

Current surge says, well, apparently there have been some. Looking at the timing of the surge, I think it was what they call Thanksgiving.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

That's what I mean. Most of your average citizens are over Covid. There's a smaller class of people who aren't and a larger class of "officials" who are interested in forcing the rest of us to live under their thumbs because they are the final authority on "health and safety."

Sadly, Covid isn't over with most average citizens, though.

• Pie 7

7 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

I’m not sure how many times this needs to be said but the individual and the cultural norms of the society in which that person lives does not get to “decide” when they are over Covid and the pandemic. You may be “over” it but the virus is not over us and if you catch it you be reminded harshly it’s still here. 

now I do agree that there needs to be a sense of moving forward and living with it because locking down the country ain’t gonna happen. Too many radicals and entitled crybabies for that to happen. People forget about how beat up our healthcare professionals are and that hospitals can reach capacity with Covid patients. Bad news if you have a stroke or fall off a latter putting up Christmas lights. 

• Pie 7
  • The D 1

13 minutes ago, joemac said:

I live in Texas now and probably only about 30% of people still wear masks in places like the grocery store and Target.  Hell, I went to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra in concert last weekend and MAYBE 10% of the people there had on masks in a completely packed NBA stadium. 

You paid to go see the Trans-Siberian orchestra? Hahahahahahaha 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

12 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

My observation has been that anyone I know in the medical field or medically adjacent field is still taking it quite seriously. Everyone else seems be more *meh*.

• Pie 2