• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What is Tepper seeing that nobody else here sees?

mc52beast

4 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

I'm pretty sure the Panthers have a comments box somewhere.

You should give it a shot.

You might get some SWAG for your trouble.

That, or a lifetime ban from the games.

Probably the latter 😕

For my part though, if I could tell him anything, it wouldn't be to listen to me or any other fan. It'd be to listen to football people who are smarter about the game than him.

Just having him understand that there are an awful lot of people who fit that description would probably be a good start.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

I'm pretty sure the Panthers have a comments box somewhere.

You should give it a shot.

You might get some SWAG for your trouble.

That, or a lifetime ban from the games.

I have been there and done that.  Back in the John Fox? Richardson days you would get some sort of reply- maybe even an auto pen autographed team photo or something.  

These days nothing.  NOT A FUKING THING.  NOT EVEN A REPLY VIA E MAIL.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Paa Langfart said:

Sorry for the semi snide reply,  but caring and being able to execute are two different things.  That is all I was trying to say.  He cares to make a poo ton of cash in pro football dealings, most probably will ( money begets more money ), but I do not think he has the smarts to have a perpetually winning franchise with the Panthers. Or possibly even a winning franchise period.  And I think winning to him probably means more money wise than actually winning games.

Maybe, but Tepper is human and is going to make mistakes like everybody else.  He clearly is an intelligent man, but maybe he was somewhat naïve when choosing his first coach.  I'm still hopefully that he's learned from his mistakes.  Nothing he's done wrong so far is a fatal error.  

If he actually recognizes his mistake in hiring a college coach, that is something that is easily remedied. 

Question is:  Will Tepper double down on Rhule or cut bait before 2022? 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Nothing he's done wrong so far is a fatal error.  

You are high enough bro.  Go to bed.  His hires so far have set us back at least two years.  That in addition to keeping Marty Hurney around for a couple extra years which cost us more in cap and what we got in draft pics and trades.  

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

I have been there and done that.  Back in the John Fox? Richardson days you would get some sort of reply- maybe even an auto pen autographed team photo or something. 

These days nothing.  NOT A FUKING THING.  NOT EVEN A REPLY VIA E MAIL.

Bad look for sure.  Especially when a response from the organization used to be the standard.

Poor customer relations.

That would be a comment worth sending to the team office.

If I were a PSL owner they'd be getting that input from me for sure.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

You are high enough bro.  Go to bed.  His hires so far have set us back at least two years.  That in addition to keeping Marty Hurney around for a couple extra years which cost us more in cap and what we got in draft pics and trades.  

Yeah, I get all that.  Turns out Tepper is the owner and there's no reason for him to sell the team.  I don't see him going anywhere anytime in the foreseeable future.

I've seen the disappointment on Tepper's face this season.  He's not happy.

I don't see Rhule competing at the NFL level anytime in the next several years.  He is outmatched and failed to build a staff w/experienced coordinators.  Might have made all the difference, but now Rhule has been exposed as someone out of his depth.  Don't see him recovering from that.

I don't know what Tepper is going to do, but he has more resources than he'll ever need to right the ship and turn this team around.  

I'm not throwing in the towel on Dave Tepper after just a few years as owner. 

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth

11 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

Haha, I'm sober as a judge and it's a little past 9pm.  So I'll be up for awhile.  

Stick around and share some more of your wisdom.

• Beer 1

10 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Dave Tepper's not talking AFAIK.

Dave could've come out already and given his public vote of confidence for Matt.  That hasn't happened.

We may find out what Tepper is thinking after week 16 concludes.  That'll be when the window of opportunity for interviewing coaching candidates opens.

Doesn't make much sense for the Panthers to say anything before that time.

^This 100%.

well in general or let's it's commonly known that an egomaniac doesn't like addressing or let's just say openly admitting to a large crowd of people  that theyreally and honestly  don't have a f....ing clue about what they are talking about & are in over their heads.

so to me it's nothing more or nothing less than just the simple truth

What does Tepper see that nobody else does - ego & money.

Tepper is a very bright guy who became tremendously successful in the financial world.  And all this was self made - his parents weren't millionaires.  So I'd guess that he's pretty hesitant to admit that he made a mistake in his coaching hire.  It would go against the "I'm smarter than everybody else in the room" mindset every hedge fund manager has.   He'd be recognizing that he's human in the world of football.  So that would be a blow to his ego.

Also there's the 45 million or so left on Coach Rhule's contract.  It's a large amount of money even to a very rich person.   No need to be rash with decisions where you lose big like that.  

7 minutes ago, BlitzMonster said:

What does Tepper see that nobody else does - ego & money.

Tepper is a very bright guy who became tremendously successful in the financial world.  And all this was self made - his parents weren't millionaires.  So I'd guess that he's pretty hesitant to admit that he made a mistake in his coaching hire.  It would go against the "I'm smarter than everybody else in the room" mindset every hedge fund manager has.   He'd be recognizing that he's human in the world of football.  So that would be a blow to his ego.

Also there's the 45 million or so left on Coach Rhule's contract.  It's a large amount of money even to a very rich person.   No need to be rash with decisions where you lose big like that.  

45 million is a lot to a guy with 16 billion dollars? No it is not. If I had 16 billion I’d be treating Rhules contract like it was nothing. 

2 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

45 million is a lot to a guy with 16 billion dollars? No it is not. If I had 16 billion I’d be treating Rhules contract like it was nothing. 

I'm sure Tepper has taken larger hits from bad bets he's made in the financial markets.    But the Rhule payout would be quantifying to the whole world "Tepper made a REALLY bad decision".   And billionaires don't like looking stupid.