• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The highlight of Matt Rhule’s NFL career

therealmjl

Part of me refuses to believe he conned all these people into thinking he was something he’s not. Jimmy Johnson was RAVING about him. Tepper loves him. Every NFL analyst over the off-season thought the analytics approach was genius. 

Part of me just wants to believe that if he gets a QB who’s got “it” then he’ll succeed. But sooo much evidence to the contrary. This really may have been one of the greatest con jobs in league history. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

9 hours ago, unicar15 said:

Part of me refuses to believe he conned all these people into thinking he was something he’s not. Jimmy Johnson was RAVING about him. Tepper loves him. Every NFL analyst over the off-season thought the analytics approach was genius. 

Part of me just wants to believe that if he gets a QB who’s got “it” then he’ll succeed. But sooo much evidence to the contrary. This really may have been one of the greatest con jobs in league history. 

Honestly, Rhule is a really good college coach.  It hasn't translated in the NFL.  It's just a different game, and he's not picked up on the differences.  The DBO sign, the fact he's raving about the athletic profiles of guys who suck (Cam Erving) as players, the game and time management decisions, etc.  

Look Rhule did some great work at Temple and Baylor, but I think that's where he needs to stay.

• Beer 2

7 hours ago, d-dave said:

Honestly, Rhule is a really good college coach.  It hasn't translated in the NFL.  It's just a different game, and he's not picked up on the differences.  The DBO sign, the fact he's raving about the athletic profiles of guys who suck (Cam Erving) as players, the game and time management decisions, etc.  

Look Rhule did some great work at Temple and Baylor, but I think that's where he needs to stay.

Eh, I don’t think Rhule ever did anything to earn the title of really good college coach either.   Maybe he could turn into one but that isn’t his resume. 

I still feel he is largely a college version of Ron/Fox.   Give him a poo team and his brand of football will get them to be respectable.   That’s what he did in college. Took dumpster teams and made them respectable.  But he wasn’t out their actually overachieving and doing anything overly impressive.  His teams never beat anyone of note. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1