• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Young Players Getting their Shot!

Michael G

Brady Christensen has seen spot duty in a bunch of games this year at Guard and has started at RT and LT at least once I think. His play at guard hasn't been very good and he struggled at RT early in the year. He also struggled a little at LT when he replaced Daley vs Arizona. The Next week he started at LT versus Washington and probably had his best game of the year (arguably the best performance at LT from a Panther this season). He has only had 2 penalties this year. Daley averages 2 a game.

He isn't as long and strong as we like at LT but he stays in front of guys and plays with good technique. At G he seems a little light in the A$$ to me (Round 2 G, Round 3 T?). We have all heard about his short arms, but who cares if he's keeping guys off the QB.

I really hope he gets a shot at LT these last 4 games. If he isn't a starter he's a better backup than Daley probably. 

Who else would like to see  Brady get an extended look at LT? Are their other young guys that you'd like to see play more these last 4 games? Who and What chance do you think they have have becoming important contributers in the future?

Edited by Michael G
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

11 minutes ago, Michael G said:

Brady Christensen has seen spot duty in a bunch of games this year at Guard and has started at RT and LT at least once I think. His play at guard hasn't been very good and he struggled at RT early in the year. He also struggled a little at LT when he replaced Daley vs Arizona. The Next week he started at LT versus Washington and probably had his best game of the year (arguably the best performance at LT from a Panther this season). He has only had 2 penalties this year. Daley averages 2 a game.

He isn't as long and strong as we like at LT but he stays in front of guys and plays with good technique. At G he seems a little light in the A$$ to me (Round 2 G, Round 3 T?). We have all heard about his short arms, but who cares if he's keeping guys off the QB.

I really hope he gets a shot at LT these last 4 games. If he isn't a starter he's a better backup than Daley probably. 

Who else would like to see  Brady get an extended look at LT? Are their other young guys that you'd like to see play more these last 4 games? Who and What chance do you think they have have becoming important contributers in the future?

It doesn’t matter what we want. Rhule is determined to make Brady a guard. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, Newbie said:

It doesn’t matter what we want. Rhule is determined to make Brady a guard. 

He does, but Michael Jordan seems to be one of his favorites now. I'm hoping that Jordan's (rise?) will help convince the coaches to Give Brady a shot at Tackle, especially since Miller will be back in the lineup at RG.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Christensen needs to be at LT and Brown needs to be at RG. Let's see what we have (or don't have) in these guys moving forward.

I agree 100%. Brown should definitely see more snaps. Id also like to see Mike Horton and a few others off the Practice Squad. Horton's been around awhile now and never gets to the active roster or into any games. If you are developing a guys should he be "developed" enough at some point to see some action?

It's so bad that I really can't hope to see something that makes this much sense in regards to the Oline. Other than injury, all signs point to more of the same awfulness. We have so many guys playing poorly and out of position that it is just a circus at this point.

When Rhule came out and started talking about arm lengths I lost any possible chance at hope that they would give it a 'Geez, everything else is a giant failure. Why not?' but nope. None of that. Send in the clowns.

Figure Skating Lol GIF by Dancing on Ice

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

15 minutes ago, BlitzMonster said:

It's a lost season.  At least play the rookies to see if they can be part of the future.   

Terrance Marshall, Shi Smith, Tremble, Christensen, Brown all should be starting or at least playing major minutes. 

That's what smart NFL coaches do when they whiff on the playoffs and are headed into the offseason. We will not be doing that.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Christensen needs to be at LT and Brown needs to be at RG. Let's see what we have (or don't have) in these guys moving forward.

It's crazy we've been saying this for what feels like years now instead of weeks. This regime is exhausting.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1