• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Currently sitting at #8 in draft order...who should we pick?

PanthersGOATFan336

12 hours ago, stbugs said:

No, both of them have a SOS a good enough amount harder than ours that we should keep the tiebreaker with both if we tie. That’s also why we need to lose out. Atlanta and Philly both have even easier SOSs than we do so if we fall back into a tie with one or both they will leap ahead of us. We are in a good spot if we lose out in that we really can’t fall back but could pass both NY and Chicago if they both can win and luckily they have to play each other.

So if we lose out, what pick would you think we would get if you had to wager....

7 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I will add with the OL and DEs, 5 would be a heck of a place to be if any of the QBs show out during pre-draft.

Also, the more I read about Neal the more I don’t want him because I’d rather get a LT since this team is clearly not sold on giving Moton a chance there and by chance I mean more than just some time here and there while Erving is out in preseason. I’d rather have Cross/Ekwonu. Linderbaum would be nice too but solid Cs are still found in the early to mid 2nd, well if we had a day 2 pick they would be. 

If they havent show enough on the field to be top 6ish, then I sure as hell dont want them elevated based on predraft work outs.  Thats a recipe for disaster

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Most places already have them in the top 5-10 and I know Ekwonu has won a bunch of awards.  Neal has just been there because he’s big. I don’t want a LT where I read he may have difficulty with speed in the edge. Little was a predraft work out top 15 type guy. It was the predraft workouts that dropped him off of almost all the top 50 lists except for PFF which was solely based on their college grades. That’s where Grier and Little were rated higher than anywhere else but Marty equated analytics to reading PFF.

I am talking about qbs

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

And Jax a top 70 pick for Henderson, probably a nice OL. Also, don’t forget the Jets are also getting our early 4th rounder. We would have had 2 early 4ths. The one we still have is Houston’s.

Jets have two early 1sts, two early 2nds, one early 3rd and two early 4ths thanks to us and Seattle. I’m betting Seattle would rather have had their first last year and this year’s top 10 pick than be paying Adams crazy money.

Annnd that’s what a rebuild should look like. Not whatever the fug rhule and company are currently doing. 

• Pie 2

Tyler Linderbaum

Evan Neal

Ikem Ekwonu

Charles Cross

Malik Willis

Kenny Pickett

Kyle Hamilton

Kenyon Green

The team is picking in the top 10. Trade back to try and acquire additional picks, or go take the best OL/QB available.

I'm usually BPA or bust, but there are just too many holes on this roster that need to be filled than to inefficiently spend a top 10 pick on a position that is already adequately stocked.

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 1