• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam optioned to that terrible 4th and 1 call

Tr3ach

25 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

He very well could learn from it but he’s set the team back multiple years. So now the five year plan is a seven year plan because we are worse off than when Rhule took over. Every position on the OL needs to be upgraded and we need to find a franchise QB. I don’t see anyway Rhule could accomplish those two tasks and get us to the Super Bowl in three years so like I said, his five year plan is now a seven year plan.

I think they could do it in 2 more seasons but it would take a lot of luck and they would have to let some good players walk to use cap to sign oline.

24 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

The reason Cam doesn’t get the blame is because if the team was built correctly he wouldn’t be playing for us. The only reason Cam is even here is because every other QB that Rhule has fallen in love with has been poo.

I get that but you could say that about anyone really.  It's no players fault nesscesarily if a team signs them and they are doing their best, and I have no doubt Cam is putting in everything hes got.  How many Darnold is awful threads were there after every single loss though?  Was it Darnolds fault he was put in the same bad situation or that he was trying hard and it just wasnt good enough because he makes bone headed decisions trying to make things happen?

21 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

I think they could do it in 2 more seasons but it would take a lot of luck and they would have to let some good players walk to use cap to sign oline.

Letting those good players walk (i.e. Reddick, Gilmore, Jackson), now opens holes that we didn’t have previously.

Successful teams build their OL through the draft because the players are cost controlled.

21 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

I get that but you could say that about anyone really.  It's no players fault nesscesarily if a team signs them and they are doing their best, and I have no doubt Cam is putting in everything hes got.  How many Darnold is awful threads were there after every single loss though?  Was it Darnolds fault he was put in the same bad situation or that he was trying hard and it just wasnt good enough because he makes bone headed decisions trying to make things happen?

So all things considered, it comes back to the individual who built the team I would think.

The Darnold trade should be on the white board for why it’s time to move on. We blew prime draft capital in the Darnold trade that would have been very useful this year.

This is exactly what I mean by setting the organization back.

Our draft is essentially…

1. ?

2. Darnold

3. Henderson

4. Darnold

57 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

The only reason Cam is even here is because every other QB that Rhule has fallen in love with has been poo.

There is that, you are not wrong, but he is also here because no other team wanted Cam, if they did, he wouldnt have been available. Cams best days are gone, Rhule, is just in over his head.

2 minutes ago, PeteRozelle said:

There is that, you are not wrong, but he is also here because no other team wanted Cam, if they did, he wouldnt have been available. Cams best days are gone, Rhule, is just in over his head.

His best days are for sure behind him but it’s not like there were franchise QB’s on the street just waiting to be signed.

Cam was signed as a last ditch effort by Rhule and it hasn’t worked. Cam can be playing bad and Rhule can still be the reason this team is ass, the two are not mutually exclusive.

38 minutes ago, PeteRozelle said:

How many other Qbs were signed off the street during the middle of the season to start for a franchise this year? None other than Cam Newton. Last year? None. That is some terrible logic you just used. When Cam became available the last TWO offseasons every other team already had their plan settled at QB. He wasn't even available this offseason. The Pats waited until after preseason game #3 to make the decision to release him. Teams don't wait until after TC to figure out who their starter is at the QB position. It's funny people want to judge how good of a QB Cam is but the dude hasn't had an offseason full of OTAs, mini camp and training camp with a team since before the 2019 season. He's had to learn the playbook on the fly and adjust to the chemistry w/ his teammates DURING THE SEASON. No other QB has had to do that

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1

40 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

How many other Qbs were signed off the street during the middle of the season to start for a franchise this year? None other than Cam Newton. Last year? None. That is some terrible logic you just used.

Its not terrible logic, let me reword your response....

How many former MVP QBs are cut after training camp, and are  replaced by a QB that hasnt taken a single NFL snap? Mind you, cut by someone that knows a little bit about talent and ability. I never said he didnt come into  a bad situation, I just said his best days are behind him and the entire NFL knows that, which is why he was available. Deshaun Watson may never take another NFL snap again if the NFL comes down hard on him, yet he still has teams that want him. Why??? Because he can still play.

Doesnt matter when someone is cut. If they are still good, they will get picked up, and usually fairly quickly.

pete

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

His best days are for sure behind him but it’s not like there were franchise QB’s on the street just waiting to be signed.

Cam was signed as a last ditch effort by Rhule and it hasn’t worked. Cam can be playing bad and Rhule can still be the reason this team is ass, the two are not mutually exclusive.

Agreed, and exactly what Im trying to say.

12 hours ago, Tr3ach said:

It is a rebuilding team though.  They werent really expected to be a really good team this year until they went 3-0.

The word rebuild hasn't jived with our actions though. 30 million for one year of Teddy Bridgewater. Three picks and a 19 million dollar guaranteed salary for Darnold. Multiple trades for corners. That's not a rebuild my guy.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1