• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If we tear it all down again how long would it take...

PanthersGOATFan336

15 hours ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

So lets say we tear it all down..fire rhule. We hire the next big thing coach..hit on most of our draft picks the next 2 years. How long realistically would it take to get back the to superb owl?

How far away are we with our core and good coaching?

Would you be ok with going through a losing season next year as long as rhule is gone to get a good pick?

What is best case scenario W-L record for our potential rookie coach next year?

What would be your first steps as new coach?

Unsolved Mysteries GIF by FILMRISE

Is this Tepper’s alt? 

It really depends on the approach and the coach. I think with real good luck we are a year (maybe two) away from a winning record. This year we got our hopes up with the fast start. I was worried about the teams we beat were real messes at that time (Jets and Houston). We were able to pressure Winston (The whole NO staff had COVID or something and were absent) and he did what he does too often....even the Arizona win was against backup QBs.

We were not a good team even when we were 3-0. I think we have good pieces, but our draft capital has took a hit and the major issues (everyone knows this except maybe the current FO) are at QB and OL. Franchise QB's do not grow on tree's and neither do quality LT's. If Rhule (or the next guy) focuses on OL and gets proven players who have had success instead of retreads who have already failed everywhere else. Then maybe we can get somewhere. With an outstanding offseason maybe next year. But we need to improve, not rattle around looking for deals (or not deals) on guys who are already proven "Busts"

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Eh, you can still make the playoffs without being a complete team. 1 or 2 more average or better OL additions would raise that unit quite a bit. As would a coach that doesn't play musical chairs all season long.

Remember, the playoff bar is gonna be around .500.

You cannot make the playoffs without an average at least line.  

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I am sorry man I just dont believe that.  I believe a good coach can show building blocks but some franchises will take a few drafts to upgrade to a playoff team. 

This is in no way in support of rhule, i think he needs to go like yesterday

They won't win a championship. If a coach doesn't win a championship in the first 3 years (sometimes 4 depending on QB situation), it's not going to happen. 

If we're looking at it taking several drafts we're doing it wrong. A coach that takes 3years to build the team before you're winning should be fired.

1 hour ago, CardiacCat said:

Not a single person in the organization is willing to go through a losing season for just one pick (which may or may not work out... there are plenty of examples where the latter is the cae). Those are scenarios that fans come up with, but owner, coach, and players want wins EVERY SINGLE TIME the team takes the field. Hence, the organization is not going to make changes in that direction. If they fire the coach, it will be to get someone who immediately can deliver, or at least build on the strengths we have. 

100% right. I see people talking about “tanking” next season for a QB and know there is no way Rhule on the hot seat or a new coach is going to want to do that. That’s why I’m all for drafting a QB, if there is one we like. If not address the next most important and biggest weakness in OL. No plans for a rebuild are going to involve a “tanking” year to address needs. 

I know I keep going back to this three years or get someone else, but I'd invite anyone to back through the Superbowl era and find all of the coaches who were able to get a ring 3 or at the most 4 years after being hired by that team.

It just doesn't happen. 

If the goal is to get a ring and you can't do it in 3-4 years with a coach, you won't do it with them at all. 

Taking several years to build a team seems like a nice idea, but a team that takes more than 3 years for a coach to build isn't going to win you a championship. That's not being narrow minded. That's just straight facts.

It depends on what we do at the QB position. If we draft a QB, then we will still need a starting LT and the QB will need experience.

2022 would be the rookie learning the ropes, and a terrible record.

2023 would be the drafting of a good LT if all goes well, and a center as well maybe in the second round. The 3rd round might be RG if Deonte Brown is a flop.

2024 could be a good season if the QB we draft turns out to be a franchise QB. So 2024 things could be turned around.

Or...

We stick with Sam and use our 1st round pick to add the final piece to our defense.

2022 we draft DE Kayvon Thibodeaux assuming we lose out and he is there. This would stop us from getting gashed in the run game, and would give us possibly the most lethal pass rush in the NFL by far. With CJ, Horn, and Gilmore on the back end there is no way we wouldn't have a dominant defense. If nothing else we would love watching our defense.

2023 we will know for sure if Sam is the answer or not, and his 18 million will be off the books and he'll be out the door if didn't earn it. If he was terrible, then we pick in the top 10. That means we have a clear shot at a QB or top LT. This scenario we draft a QB, and rebuild the o-line with the rest of the picks.

2024 we finish the o-line rebuild and fill in any remaining holes. We would see a lethal defense coupled with a now experienced QB behind a good o-line.

Either way 2024 could be a good season if things go well.

• Pie 1

24 minutes ago, pantherj said:

It depends on what we do at the QB position. If we draft a QB, then we will still need a starting LT and the QB will need experience.

2022 would be the rookie learning the ropes, and a terrible record.

2023 would be the drafting of a good LT if all goes well, and a center as well maybe in the second round. The 3rd round might be RG if Deonte Brown is a flop.

you have it backwards

2022 is strong at the top for tackles and lineman and not strong with qb prospects

2023 is strong (really strong as we sit here today) with qb prospects

Take the damn lump, draft a tackle run it back with sam and then get your qb

The answer is so fuging easy I dont understand why folks and this franchise are making this hard.  There are damn near 5 lineman that could go top 10 and we are going to draft Kenny 2 gloves and he will promptly get murdered by game 4. 

Edited by mrcompletely11

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

you have it backwards

2022 is strong at the top for tackles and lineman and not strong with qb prospects

2023 is strong (really strong as we sit here today) with qb prospects

Take the damn lump, draft a tackle run it back with sam and then get your qb

The answer is so fuging easy I dont understand why folks and this franchise are making this hard.  There are damn near 5 lineman that could go top 10 and we are going to draft Kenny 2 gloves and he will promptly get murdered by game 4. 

Yes I did this scenario in the "Ideal off season thread" posted by doc if you want to see that.