• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Newton on Rhule: Post-Game Presser

PantherBoy95

Cam made it clear he wasn’t going to keep it “a buck” with his kids watching and let folks know.  Which kinda let’s you know he wants to torch folks. 

he was going to say all the textbook stuff because too many cowardly men per Cam have been in Carolina and acted as such.  He just going to take it all on the chin. 

Which IMO is a shot at Rhule and a host of people past and present.   Notice how Rhule now overly played the I need to look at the film line today before commenting….after looking like a cowardly chump last week.  Which Cam rightfully made him look like. 

• Pie 3

10 minutes ago, PantherBoy95 said:

https://twitter.com/Callihan_/status/1475226378018693123?s=20

Tried embedding; but Cam has definitely undergone some maturation when addressing the media. He's been saying all of the right things, even when he deserves to say more. (Not that he's been playing at a high level himself.)

Yeah I'm glad there was one adult in that room.  Rhule could really learn something

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

Also, Cam said the city  has had multiple cowards as the face of the teams and he's not ever going that route bc he's an alpha and is accountable.  Also said we've had multiple cowards step up to that podium and blame someone else.  Very interesting.

I believe he was referring to Richardson, and someone else in the past. Not sure who he could have been talking about from previous coaching/management. 

Newton has made a career defending his horrible coaches in Rivera, Shula, Rhule etc.  

Meanwhile, on the other side, those same guys will feel it required to say things like they would have taken a shot too or wrongly blame him for certain plays in the media at the drop of hat.

Let’s not pretend like this is new or surprising.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Cam made it clear he wasn’t going to keep it “a buck” with his kids watching and let folks know.  Which kinda let’s you know he wants to torch folks. 

he was going to say all the textbook stuff because too many cowardly men per Cam have been in Carolina and acted as such.  He just going to take it all on the chin. 

Which IMO is a shot at Rhule and a host of people past and present.   Notice how Rhule now overly played the I need to look at the film line today before commenting….after looking like a cowardly chump last week.  Which Cam rightfully made him look like. 

Oh yea he dusted them off with subtleness 

Just now, tiger7_88 said:

You gotta think thought that, deep inside, he just wants to go full Balrog and toss that fat dwarf into the chasm at Khazad-dum right?

For sure. Cam never threw Shula under the bus or Rivera. Cam is usually the one someone blamed.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Also, Cam said the city  has had multiple cowards as the face of the teams and he's not ever going that route bc he's an alpha and is accountable.  Also said we've had multiple cowards step up to that podium and blame someone else.  Very interesting.

Awwwwwwwwwww hell... shots fired at Smitty?

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Baskinridge said:

Newton has made a career defending his horrible coaches in Rivera, Shula, Rhule etc.  

Meanwhile, on the other side, those same guys will feel it required to say things like they would have taken a shot too or wrongly blame him for certain plays in the media at the drop of hat.

Let’s not pretend like this is new or surprising.

I won't say that it's new or surprising not to blame his coach.  But to listen and watch his pressers he has clearly learned a few things in regards to keeping his composure.  He's not just giving short bs answers to get out of there, he's actually elaborating on the situation at hand.

It's impressive and smart especially as he prepares to likely be back on he market.

7 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Rhule said that the team  will be resigining a lot of players on this roster that they want to be apart of the future , and it was the direct transition topic from when he was talking about Cam.  He also stated that they are playhing Cam and Sam together to see what the options are for the future. Decisions they are making today, are for the future.

He also said in 2020 that he couldn’t wait to coach cam. He’s a liar. When will you people wake up.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 2

5 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I believe he was referring to Richardson, and someone else in the past. Not sure who he could have been talking about from previous coaching/management. 

I believe he was largely talking about Matt Rhule.   From day 1 with fake talk of keeping Cam through last week.  That’s Rhule.   And I think he was also referencing the players and culture he always fought against that existed before he got here….that are now probably all over the locker room once again thanks to the Rhule era.